Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Corelle Life Follow-up


I don't get a lot of comments or Twitter activity, but yesterday's dishware analogy seemed to resonate with a couple people.  One reader, Cindi, had me pondering the rest of the day about her comments. Here is a part of what she wrote.

 "I have a Corelle set. I love it! When one of the bowls broke, I simply went to Walmart & got a replacement.  I didn't buy a whole new set." 

While I think she was talking literally about replacing the bowl, my overactive brain had me making yet another analogy. Is it possible to just sweep away the crumbles, the shards, the pieces of a broken piece of life and simply replace with a new one? Can life be made much less complicated if we start thinking nothing is irreplaceable? If we just clean up the mess and move on to something else? Can we get a full set of dishes back in our cupboards? I 'll keep thinking on this one.  Please think with me if your so inclined and comment with your thought. 

4 comments:

  1. I love the analogy and regardless of the type of dish we are, I love that thought that a replacement is always available when we finally chip, crack or break. For some it might be just the act of mending the crack, replacing what is broken, or becoming a totally different dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you think. Life isn't that simple, and some things aren't replaceable. Perhaps with enough care, those irreplaceable things, people, relationships, feelings, could be mended not something useful again.

      Delete
  2. I'm thinking that I might have to do that!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In your new place, you deserve a nice set of dishes. Here's to all us Corelle people.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.