Monday, June 18, 2018

Change of Plans

DH packed up and brought the food to the lake but DD2 and I stayed home. She wasn't feeling well and needed sleep after having little the last week. I got caught up in a few tasks, worked a bit, and was fine dodging the intermittent rain from home. There's a long story with the second lake cabin I'll share sometime. DH was fine with us staying home as he wasn't sure if the nutty Uncle was going to be causing issues. He never came, but still fine we stayed home.

Later, we brought pup over to our friends to introduce him to their dogs at their place. They offered to take him while we are gone in August, but we're not sure he's not too difficult. We'll acclimate over next month and then let them feel they can back out if too much for them. He loves other dogs a bit too much and gets guardy if that's a word.

We ended night with watching the newer Jumanji from a Red Box. It was a pretty entertaining movie. I'm trying to write this from my phone. I'm stopping at Best Buy tonight after work and see my options for a new laptop. Our router needs replacing as well. Have a great week. Mine is starting now.

10 comments:

  1. A plan without a plan B is not a plan, it's a wish. I think the change in plans worked in your favour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between the family stuff, DD not feeling quite herself, me not feeling quite myself, and a busy Friday and Saturday, it was good to just be home.

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I got to the point with dh's family where he was welcome to go whenever and wherever he wanted but I.WAS.OUT. They were too toxic and I don't need that drama in my life...I have enough of my own, thank you very much. Truth be told, he didn't want to go either!! I'm glad you ended up staying home and getting things done.

    I LOVED the new Jumanji movie - I didn't think they could make it better than the original, but I think they did. My laptop is dying a slow death right now...unfortunately I only have $20 in the laptop fund - guess I better work on that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of to that point as well, but then I don't want to miss time with my own family, so trying to be intentional and perhaps avoid certain situations like when they all drink to slurring of words and have no filters. This issue though has me on the same perspective of DH and his siblings and mom with the nutty uncle, but his brother is such a loud mouth, have to have the last word kind of guy, he is making it worse.

      Delete
  3. Hey look at me, I am ahead of the curve. I don't need to drink to NOT have a filter! lololz
    Life is so much easier when u don't have to deal with toxic relations. How does DH feel about being around them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well-they are his family, so he grew up and will call out BS, hears the fall out, then move on.The cabin is his family legacy, so he has great affinity for it, which he wants to use with his family. I can handle them-just never again 5 weeks in a row. I'd get sick of anyone except my four, with that frequency.

      Delete
  4. I watched the new Jumanji on our flight back from Europe, loved it, even more so than the original although that was many years ago. Really a good film, hard to find one these days. Good luck in your laptop/router hunt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rare to find a movie we all like. I’m hoping there is a good movie or two on the plane.

      Delete
  5. I admire you for trying to type out an entry on your phone. I would not have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much of a post-and I'm still without a computer.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.