Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Spring Rain-Loving it


It is raining a perfect spring rain outside right now. It is steady, but not blustery and blowing. I woke to the light drippity drops on the roof, and as I write, I hear it on my back deck, a soothing constant sound. I love rain in the spring when the days are getting warmer. Getting a little wet feels invigorating as opposed to chilling a person to the bone. I do have to be out and about a bit today, so a little inconvenient to carry an umbrella, but even that is involves a simple pleasure. I love umbrellas. I have several of the pocket tote variety, but I love my big golf umbrella that provides dryness in almost a three feet circumference, giving me ample time for walks. The bonus, it smells better after a rain in the spring, cleaning up the dirt and grime winter snow had been hiding. 

I give umbrellas as gifts, and if I can find ones with a little personality all the better, but rare for grown-up versions. Childrens are more fun and we still have a few that have survived my kids childhood. I have to be at a meeting today in the heart of St Paul; a suits and tie kind of meeting. I look forward to seeing if anyone  has a colorful or playful umbrella, as much an accessory as practicality. Seeing people out and about in umbrellas, not rushing when the rain is like this morning, makes me feel a camaraderie with them. Their rain people as well. 

7 comments:

  1. I think that you are the only person that I can think of that has said they like the rain. I'm more of a sunshine kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse for curling up with a book, coffee, and no expectations.

      Delete
  2. I like sunshine, but thee is something very soothing and refreshing about rain. Of course if it lingers for days and ruins plans, I might sing a different tune, but today, let it rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Sam. I love the smell of rain. I love it even more if I'm somewhere dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listening to it, curled up with a book and cup of coffee is extremely satisfying too.

      Delete
  4. I like the rain, IF the shingles can hold up. We've got a yucky roof right now.
    The umbrellas around our house get used by the kids and mostly bent. We do or did have some fun duck ones once upon a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have our damp basement issues, but I can't blame the rain for not fixing it properly.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your respectful comments are welcome. Spam and advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything deemed hurtful to others. A change, I moderate comments older than three days to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.