What's a northern dwelling sun loving girl to do? Fake embrace the month. There are a few things that can best be appreciated in the heart of winter.
- Hot chocolate in a travel mug while watching a hockey game
- Walking the dog under a full moon, hearing the snow and ice crystals crackle under your feet (next full moon is January 12th)
- Snow tubing, skiing, or snowboarding-OK, watching snow tubing, skiing, and snowboarding
- Sipping a glass of red wine beside a fireplace, or the glow of candle light
- A warm shower and flannel pajamas
- Take a day trip, finding an independent coffee shop and book store to peruse
- Reading a new book in the late afternoon, tucked under a blanket while wearing cozy slippers
- A new season of Sherlock
- Counting down-only 71 more days until spring!