Frugal wins and budget blips are par for my course each week. Do you relate?
Five Frugal Wins
1. Menu planned with food stocks. I* purchased no restaurant**, take out, or fast food.
2. Used Kohls cash for clearanced under garment for DD2 and warm cotton socks for us both. items are needed and only spent $2.83 additional.
3. Used up plain yogurt and two old bananas for 12 muffins and small bread loaf.
4. Ate at home before wine club, so just ate cheese and crackers and a couple other complimentary appetizers with wine tastings. (We still leave a gratuity for staff filling self serve water and cheese station when we don't order more food.)
5. Free library*** and Netflix for movies for DD and all of us when we got home.
1. DH* picked up rotisserie chicken, instant potatoes and gravy, plus frozen meals, off plan.
2. The well below zero temps are impacting gas mileage and I got 15% fewer miles per tank last week.
3. Spent $36 mailing DS Christmas gifts he couldn't fit to take home on plane.
4. DD2** pooled money with other kids to order pizza before show choir as forgot a sandwich or healthy snack.
5. Have to run to library*** to get movies back to avoid late fee. Extra trip, but cheaper than $1.00 per day each for three movies. This is am annoying one but I'll quickly see what we need for fresh foods and combine the trip to mitigate.