Every blogger needs some inspiration, even the good ones. I found myself in the company of good bloggers checking out a list of blogging prompts at Post 40 Bloggers. I'm utilizing prompt number 23, Five things you want to see happen for you this year. The start of the year is a good place to look forward on what I hope to look back and see a year from now.
1. Restored my home to a place of calm and pride, particularly my bedroom and family room. Most of this accomplished with sheer will power and no more spending. While we have some more costly home improvements that are starting to move into a need, not just want list, these two areas just needed TLC and a plan. The bedroom needed a lot of both.
2. I'll have gone to at least two music performances that my kid was not performing in. I'm talking intentionally planned outings to hear an accomplished musician, not haphazardly stumbled into an open mike night, or house band.
3. I'll have hosted no less than six (combination) of women and wine nights, coffee mornings, and get together lunches. This goes along with my number 1, of restoring my home to a place of calm and pride.
4. I'll have done no less than twelve exploration days. Once a month, sometimes more, sometimes none, I 'll have thrown a virtual dart on a map and set out to learn about a local place I've not yet been.
5. Last, but certainly not least, I received formal recognition of my existence as a writer. I got such positive feedback on my post I Am A Writer, Dammit! that I put more effort into this craft. Using the word craft instead of hobby is a step up for me. (I have no preferences, nor may I even understand the possibilities of that recognition, but would know it if it happened.)
2016 has really gotten a bad rap in social media. It did feel stifled, consumed with politics, and anger. 2017 carries all the baggage from 2016. I'm hoping my response to the baggage is a positive challenge, overcome, and achieve more than the year before.