Sunday, February 19, 2017

50 Days of 2017

Fifty days into the new year, and 315 to go to make progress on my 2017 life list. I'm going to call this a long game, and take comfort in the fact that these are at least still front and center in my head.

1. Restore my home to a place of calm and pride. We'll just say this one is a start over. March seems like a good month to knock a few things of my to do  list.

2.  Attend at least two music performances that my kid was not performing in. I book marked a couple art centers calendars and will select something for March. My friend who has the musician husband continues to keep me informed, but I have yet to make it to one of his gigs, mostly because they start so late, and the opposite side of the metro.

3. Host no less than six (combination) of women and wine nights, coffee mornings, and get together lunches. This also will be on the March list, perhaps the week DD2 is gone. With all the germs, I can't very well host anyone now.


4. Enjoy twelve exploration days. I planned to have one when I was doing a car pool day, but then plans changed. I ended up finding a little quaint coffee house, new to me, so that was maybe a 1/4 day out. 



5. Put attention into my writing.Fail; move on. No efforts towards the book, and my blogging has been less than inspiring. I am still waiting for inspiration to hit. 


Who else made some plans/hopes for the year? Are you progressing or stalled a bit as I am? There's still a lot of the year to pick up momentum, so I'm still confident my year will be more invigorated than last.

12 comments:

  1. I really really like your list for the year.
    And I wouldn't consider it any sort of loss that you're not very far along with plans, January and February with the dark days of winter aren't usually good for much of anything anyhow. I'd say you're still right on track to a great 2017. Hooray for March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March can't get here soon enough! Here's to a healthy March.

      Delete
  2. So-so. On the positive side, my quotient for fun has increased. Have seen 2 movies and a play. Am doing pretty well with making time for friends. On the negative side, eating totally out of control and I am at my lifetime all time high. Joined weight watchers yesterday after a friend told me that fruit counts for zero points. Also read Mark Bittman' VB6 (vegan before 6) book-and I said to myself, "I can do that."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has lost a lot of weight with just healthy eating-strategic elimination of trigger foods form her diet, and a lot of exercises. She limits bread, sugar, pop (of any kind), and pasta, and eats all she can of veg and fruit. She's also a vegetarian, not vegan, but I think that has helped her stay disciplined from junk

      Delete
  3. I have a similar draft version of a post, ready to go. From my side, absolutely zero progress on my fitness goals, but sorted out the hardest piece for sure - housing, life, location. So, I guess that's progress? :)

    Love your goals! A balance of fun & work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would give you a pass on any other goals for some time! Buying a home is such a major undertaking, and on the scale you had to put hings n motion, a marvel. Being sick has made me realize, yet again, how vital being healthy truly is. So besides the house, I'm sure you will success with the health goals. I need to myself.

      Delete
  4. I made no firm plans but I really need to work on self-care in the form of fitness....did try a bunch of new recipes so that is a win. We need some more fun in our life so next we need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being unhealthy sucks! I feel like my family has lost two weeks of life. Of course ayone can get the flu, but for things we can prevent, I need to step up the efforts as well.

      Delete
  5. I like the idea of the exploration days - I've been toying with that idea myself so maybe I'll join you. When the kids were younger we used to explore all the time and then stopped as they got older. Time to start again I think. Good luck. Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have more vacations, but time and money does not allow for more. Best to get little breaks built in. My daughter still likes to explore at 16, and she is a good pal for new places.

      Delete
  6. My Sept. plans for Scotland are pretty much set but I'd also like to go somewhere new in Canada as it's our 150th anniversary as a country and I got a free National Parks pass. Need to spend some time googling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scotland!
      Wow, and good for you. I'll enjoy readin gyour future posts, but in the meantime, of course you need to take advantage of the park pass. We have some great state parks near us too, that I am not using enough. Adventure is everywhere.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.