- I had a job interview last Friday for the other position I had mentioned came up about the time I was contacted by the recruiter. I may know as early as next week if I am offered the job. I'm not 100% sure I even want this particular job, but I'm pretty confident I could do it well, and had a strong sense those interviewing felt the same since all four know me already. If I do not receive an offer, I won't feel bad though as this is definitely a hire that will be based on their office dynamics, leveraging where they have gaps. Still, it is good to have affirmation that my reputation, when I know they have strong internal and probably external candidates, is held in good regard.
- I helped throw a nice shower for my niece, and even managed to stay stress free. This is a big accomplishment for m as I went past my typical comfort zone being in an enclosed space with DH's family. Perhaps because I was doing this event for my niece, who was full of gratitude, my anxiety stayed at bay. My lovely daughters helped serve beverages and with little tasks we needed, one of which was keeping their 6 year old cousin and grandma who came an hour early, occupied.
- This is my DD1's affirmation, but I'll take a hint of it as the mother who raised her. She was the epitome of grace, maturity, and kindness, despite her bachelorette party thrown for her friend taking some negative tones. She was a caretaker for all the girls, making sure all were safe despite their own disregard for their own health.
- I went to bed early last week at least twice. I made it a third time last night, crawling in bed before 9:30. I know I need more and better sleep than I've been getting so unplugging and just getting to bed was important.
- We had really terrific weather the past weekend. While the rest of this week is supposed to be cold and wet, I truly appreciate the days that are warm and full of sun.
Your turn. What stands out for you in your last week that affirms your positive sense of well being?