This week was pretty successful on the weight part, blah, but not terrible on mental well being, and poor on physical exercise. I had a boost this morning through a Caring Bridge update. Here's a few highlights of the week.
- My friend A posted her own Caring Bridge update. To remind you, my friend A found out she had a cancerous brain tumor after traveling in late March on college tour trips with her daughter. After a successful surgery to remove it, she is now halfway through radiation, finding some improved strength to take short unassisted walks. She is fighting a head ache all the time, but feels her walks outdoors are helping. Her spirit of fight motivates me.
- I went ahead and threw my hat into the ring for another position, a sizable promotion, at the organization that a few weeks back hired my friend for the job which we had both applied. I don't feel positive or negative about my chances, but when I got the "rejection" call, this position was specifically mentioned as being posted soon and that she hoped I might consider applying.
- On my own job, I was added to a leadership team that if the work is clear and sustaining, will add a lot personal fulfillment to me in my job. Of course, unlike the other, no pay increase, no benefit increase, but with the climate in the office right now, this is a good thing.
- The weather was Minnesota chaos this week as well, finally getting nominally nicer yesterday. Poor pup hasn't even wanted to be outside unless with DD2, bundled up to try and do her homework on the porch or deck. My walking has suffered. But, a new week and I will be sure to burn a lot of calories working this weekend. I'm hoping to reengage a former walking buddy next week.
- And finally, on the scales, I was rewarded for my planned eating and avoiding junk with another 2 pound weight loss. Total four weeks loss is 9 pounds, and still on track to my original 20 pound loss goal by July 28th. Dare I push a new goal, 25 pound loss? Best not to get ahead of myself as there is a lot of challenging events ahead to derail me.
|Me and pup, two summers ago, 4th of July.|