Saturday, July 29, 2017

Sleeping Positions


DD2 likes a good sleep. She always has. Unlike her sister who wakes at the crack of dawn even when trying to sleep in, she'd spend a whole morning in bed if she could. Her brother is the same way, though if he knows he has to get up, he can pop up, shower, brush his teeth, and be out the door in under 10 minutes.That was his mode all through high school. The two years DD1 and DS drove together to school, he made her crazy with his morning routine, as she waited, always early and ready to go, during his 10 minute cyclone period of morning preparations, sure they would be late for school. 

DD2 is a crazy sleeper. In her own twin bed, a day bed, she may start out with head on the left end but awake with it on the right. The picture above was her this morning sleeping in the queen bed after her sister, already up and showered, had vacated it. She gradually moves her body width wise instead of length wise with every turn. I've always been nervous about her using a bunk bed for this reason, When she goes to college, she'll sure to have a lofted bed to give herself added valuable floor real estate, so will need to adapt. She'll lie in bed this morning until we force her to get up-nothing better than a good bed away in a hotel room. The hotel has a complimentary breakfast buffet; she'll miss it by sleeping in, but DH brought her up some oatmeal, juice, fruit, and bacon-any a cinnamon roll. I think she'll be well provided for! Funny how appetites expand when away from home and after a good sleep. 

We juggled beds before going to sleep. The girls orignally had the one close the window, but once DH and I were ready to go to bed, things needed to change. He sleeps on the left, and I on the right at home. I also need the night stand next to me. The original configuration had this all wrong. It shoudn't be a big deal, but somehow, to sleep well, it was. If our son had been able to join, he would have been on a sleeper sofa in the lounge area of the suite, able to sleep well anywhere he puts his head down. As he ages, I'm sure he won't always be like that. We didn't need the suite afterall, since just the four of us, so could have saved $100  on the weekend. Still, it has been nice having the extra space in the room.

Sleep is such an importan part of life, isn't it? Without enogh, the days just are a struggle. While I battle getting regular sleep, I find I operate optimally when I am able to get a full uninterupted night's worth. I'll let you know if that ever happens again. 

4 comments:

  1. Sleep has always come hard for me. I think I value sleep more than anything else. I am a very unhappy person when awakened by noise, light, whatever. I endured being awakened by my children, but that was all. Even they learned as they got older not to wake me sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that I am replying at 12:30 a.m. when I should be sound asleep means I can relate to your sleep issues. We all had lousy sleep this weekend and I dosed at awkward times-just enough to throw my clock off even further. To sleep well is a gift I would much appreciate.

      Delete
  2. When in doubt, get horizontal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can appreciate how she expands her 5 foot 100 pound body to fit the size bed she has-horizontal m vertical, it doesn't matter.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.