Sunday, August 27, 2017

Post in Pictures Volume 2

I enjoyed my Sunday morning walk last week so much, just me and my camera, I decided to do that again. This weeks stomping ground was my neighborhood, Saturday morning after a full day and night of rain. I was trying to get reflection on puddles, but also capture how nature sort of takes over after a rain. As a surprise to myself and DD2, I found a log at the end of the pond with several mud turtles chilling. We didn't even know there were turtles in the pond, never saw them before.They seemed annoyed at the camera clicks at first and slipped into the water, but with some patience on my part, I finally captured one, then a group.  I have video of the one who stayed and his first friend that came back to the log at the end of the post. 

The ducks on the other hand are always in a mood for being photographed, though I was on the opposite side of the pond with a less than stellar lens. I took advantage of an abandoned playground to show the loneliness of that setting. Had it been warmer out or even the beginning of summer, no doubt there would have been children playing, not bothered with the puddles beneath the swings and climbers. I had to get in the action and walk flip flops right into a puddle. 


The path leading into the park, pond end. 

A lone flower.
  
My attempt to capture the reflection of the trees in a puddle.

The ducks have a little partially secluded gathering spot. 



The one turtle that never left the log.

His buddies returned. 

I was hoping to catch one climbing back up the log.

The lone oak in a soggy park. 

Two hours earlier tthere was standing water right to the path..

Soggy climber landing. 

Rare to see an empty basketball court on a Saturday.

In need of a pedicure.

11 comments:

  1. Just came here to catch up. I'm enjoying all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine. I hope the school year start has been positive.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are very kind-working on my point and click skills.

      Delete
  3. Turtles, how cool! I love your puddle shot with the trees, very artsy. Isn't it neat how nature can still blow your mind even when you walk the same path you always do? Last week walking Buddy we saw/heard an owl for the first time, never seen or heard them in this area before. Not only was he hooting but someone was hooting back about a mile away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty amazed at such a simple part of nature. Our pond was originally just an overflow ponding basis, so nice that nature has claimed for themselves. Owls are fascinating. I guess we have had one in northern MN on a bike trail that has chosen to not like people and has attacked a few people. Nothing too serious, but very scary as they are huge.

      Delete
  4. Cool photos, Sam. I love the reflections also. It adds a different perspective !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might play around with that particular picture and see if I can crop out the path a bit, or get closer view of the ripples.

      Delete
  5. I think the reflection in the puddle photo turned out really well! Love the turtle shots too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try playing with that one a bit. It is a very inexpensive and healthy hobby-I'm walking, and not mindlessly snacking.

      Delete
  6. I'd have been beside myself with excitement to see those turtles! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.