Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Five Minute Day in the Life Post

Remember the Beatles tune, "woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head." That's pretty much me 3-4 week days. I delude pride myself that I can get up and out the door faster than most men, but really, I just don't like the long process of makeup and fashion. Clean and neat is the best I got most days. Oh it's Tuesday again, so instead of trying to list the things I appreciate, I thought I'd just jump n with what a typical, and by that, good, day looks like.

 I'm up and ready on days I showered the night before, in about five minutes. Today I made French toast for DD2 and a couple scrambled eggs for me. I'm driving to meet my friend and colleague N for coffee and a meeting at 7;30, and will be in the office by 8:00. I have two project meetings, a staff meeting, and a debrief meeting on an old project. A few phone calls,a few e-mails, and some work on a report I need done by weeks end, and then I'm on the road home.

Tonight will be dinner of some sort from the list I made two days ago. I'll take pup for his walk. I'll do a load of laundry, sort the kitchen, maybe watch something on YouTube or Netflix, a bit of stretching, a shower, and in bed by 11:00. Some nights 
I have a meeting at church or the library or school. Wednesday nights I might meet up with the girls, but for the most part, this is my weekdays.

 DD2 and I went to the high school variety show last night. She sat with friends and I sat by some familiar grown ups. Of the 12 acts, one which is always the high school basketball team doing a take on show choir, very funny, the other 11 were dance, guitar, soloists, and small groups. Three of the songs were original by the students. And imagine, if I had any talent like Paul McCartney, I could have written a song about my humble life.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Maybe 100 years ago! I still would have probably bought the wood, and bribed my kids to carry the water.

      Delete
  2. Do you ever feel like same old, same old. That is life with bits of wonderful mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. after the last year, I hope I truly an seeing the wonderful in the same old. Tonight, I'm going to just enjoy dinner with my daughter, catch-up with DH when he reheats his at 8:30, and go to bed counting blessings.

      Delete
  3. I am so impressed that you can be ready in 5 minutes. Even if I shower at night I still take one in the morning. It takes me a good 30 minutes to get ready for the day, but I am a makeup gal. Really short hair makes everything easier though.
    I kind of agree with Out My Window . Life is mostly ordinary for most of us with bits and pieces of marvelous thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I should shower again, but this winter weather is really tough on the skin. I wash my face, add face cream, occasionally a bot of blush, shadow and mascara-usually not (bu that takes less than 2 minutes), brush hair and teeth, dress, and I'm gone.Maybe perhaps 7 minutes.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.