Sunday, January 21, 2018

Winter Sunrise

Pup loves me most of all. I'm the lucky human who he chooses to spend his first working moments and by that I mean he rouses me out of bed to take him outside. He then proceeds to race me back to the bedroom, often jumping in my spot and going back to sleep. He loves me that much. today though, I had some tidying to do and a couple projects to get out of the way so I didn't even bother trying to kick hm out. DD1 came home with extra sweet bread dough from her class with her grandma so I rolled it out for cinnamon rolls. They needed anther rise, so I did the quick rise method in the oven, pan of water, 200 degrees, then turn oven off to make a good yeast environment. 

When I took pup put, I had noticed the sky, while not clear, already had an interesting glow. I thought it might look lovely to see that glow through the forming clouds, anticipation of the winter storm predicted ahead. Of course the batteries on my camera were dead, so I settled for my cell phone camera. The result, while nothing that would win a blue ribbon at a county fair, are satisfactory to me. This exercise is part of my trying to find joy, find the beauty, despite my winter druthers. Welcome Sunday.
7:05   

7:20
7:35

9 comments:

  1. Your photos are very beautiful.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Hope you have a great Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee-you-tee-ful! I have cats who love me best, and insist on sleeping right by my face. One of our dogs can't be left to run in the yard, has to be walked. On Christmas morning, while the kids, for the FIRST TIME EVER let us sleep past 5 a.m., this pup didn't. Rather than gripe, I was actually grateful, because it was snowing, an unusual occurrence here. The sight of the snow falling on my neighbor's beautifully lit house in the pre-dawn light of Christmas morning was simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, especially with that bit of pink sunrise:) I'm going to post a few photos that reveal some winter beauty too today. They make me shiver but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. I like the first one especially. Sunsets always get more attention, but I'm a sunrise girl. When I walked every morning on my summer break, I saw beautiful ones almost every day. Just a few more months and I'll be back out there again. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry all-I don't know why but none of my comments posted, but thank you for reading and looking at my pictures. This trying to stay positive stuff in January is getting harder each day, but I love when you all try and keep me uplifted.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.