Friday, March 2, 2018

Feeing Good Friday-Get It Done Edition


I am a chief procrastinator. This cannot happen in the month of March. You all saw my list from Wednesday. It is long. It is detailed, and it must be accomplished. OK, that's a stretch but I need to be on top of things this month. Today is my day off, but I spent an hour getting a few work things completed that I didn't finish in office due to conferences at my daughters school. She's doing swell. I also got  free pancake batter donated for the youth and family breakfast on Palm Sunday, made a request for donated or reduced dairy and eggs from our local dairy, and a request and order for reduced sausage links from the butcher. That's sorted, and now I wait for responses.

We did so well in February fiscally that we celebrated by getting take out last night. Yes, I know, that is a bad pattern to save and then splurge in the new month. However, we never get Chinese take out, but had a coupon, and got loads of food so leftovers for DD2 and me for lunch today. It was a mini celebration for a few milestones reached by each of us. It is not awful to spend money-I am not trying to be that serious. I just want to make sure we have good value proposition when I do spend.. Chinese food and a family movie as we watched Evan Almighty together on Netflix, with total damage of $25.97, so not too much damage.

March has a goal of me walking 60 miles and losing 6 pounds. I'm  going to start with a baseline, but report where I am at each week. I am sad to say Chinese food, with egg rolls and cream cheese wantons, is not good food to eat the night before a weigh in. Maybe I should up the six pounds to eight!

Goals for the week:

  • Walk 12 miles. I'm getting in a miles a day at work, not counting my regular steps, doing the mile indoor walking route at least one time per day, so that will be five of the miles. 
  • On Tuesday and Thursday, I plan to stay late and use the work wellness room equipment. People tend to use the in the morning, or over lunh, but at the end of the day, they are usually freed up. 
  • cContinue my efforts for a minimum of five a day by packing extra fruit and raw veggies for desk snacking
  • Get to bed by 11:00 each night, trying to get at least six solid hours. I' taking melatonin again to try and help but it will take some time to build up. This won't happen on Saturday since it is a show choir night, but the weeknights should be doable. 
  • Cut electronics by 10:00 at least on weeknights. 


I'm happy to be in a new month, and one that should see winter slowly fade away. March though is the snowiest month, so no doubt we will get dumped on a few times, and then hopefully the pattern is quick melts. Good luck with your feeling good goals. 

6 comments:

  1. You have some steps planned that I need to incorporate into my life. I especially like ending electronics at 10. I think I am going to start that tonight, with the exceptions of reading since all my books are digital now. Thanks for the soft kick in the rear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been falling asleep too often with a laptop or phone on my lap or side. Not healthy for mind or body I'm sure.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sam, again I am with you but you mention "six hours of sleep a night" as I read it as being positive. I may have misconstrued. But I get about the same and it is definitely not enough. If I am lucky that is what I get but I know really that my body would like 8 and a half. Just curious if you really (or your body really is) happy with that. Mine isn't, although it deals with it very well. A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, enough is probably 8, but if I get 6 good, not waking up continually, I do pretty well. It's the good six hours of sleep-not just being in my bed that I hope to achieve.

      Delete
  3. Oh Sam you and I jumped off the same star my friend. Trying to lose weight, get enough sleep, get enough steps, Get enough chocolate.... oops that last one might be my problem. Hey good luck I am right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark chocolate gits healthy living. I'm always working on the weight loss goal.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.