Monday, September 24, 2018

Tidy, Tidy and Another Week Begins

It was a coolish weekend, once where I should have been more ambitious than I really was. I did get the house sort of to rights, or at least tidier than the weekend began. DD2 was swamped with homework, a senior photo session, and a full day of choreography. The instructor is in town for the whole week and she has five hours tonight, five hours on Wednesday night, nine hours next Saturday, and nine hours on Sunday. DH is in football heaven, so after working on Saturday, he got some things done after church, then watched the television. However, the Vikings stunk it up pretty well that even he was soured so he ended up driving to the lake for the late afternoon, but was home by 6:30 for supper.  DD1, fresh off the glow of getting the house apartment, lined up a U-haul and people to help move heavy things on both ends of the move for the first Sunday in October. I went for a long walk with pup, did more vacation picture sorting and writing.  I prepped clothes for the week so life in the morning hopefully would run smooth. I had a quiet end of the weekend last night, looking at DD2's proofs, already loaded on a private website. She'll have a hard time choosing.  

We learned the issue with the city water line impacted with e-coli has been flushed and cleansed. People are uncertain though what that means in their own houses, and how do they make sure there is nothing lingering in their own pipes. DD1's new place is in the major part of town for this line, plus family and friends so we will be following up to make sure all are safe. We got lucky and I haven't heard of any illness yet.. 

Today I should find out the results of the IT developer saga. Once known, we can actually plan and move the system forward or just plan a new route. My calendar is packed with meetings, and I have some project deadlines, so the week should fly. I committed to watching my nieces kids, plus her friends four oldest kids on Friday night. Her birthday was last week, so this will be a belated birthday night out. Her friend is also a widow, though remarried with a new baby after four from her first marriage. If nice, I can get the kids out to the park, but if not, her house has a basement that is full on kid zone. 

I maximized my 30% coupon and free delivery and did a Christmas and birthday gift haul online at Kohls, spending $112 and netting another $35 in Kohl's cash, bringing that to $50. I'm not sure if I'll put towards birthday or Christmas shopping, but I'll swing by the store one night after the 26th, on my way home. I should devote an hour or two making a list for gift giving, but I found a few things for my daughters, a small gift for my MIL, some items for both DH and DS. I got a 50% off photo card coupon from Walgreen's so should order photo cards very early and give myself a lot longer to write the personal notes and address them since I'll use a family picture or two from our vacation. We probably need to go see my MIL before she leaves for her 39 day trip. If I am feeling ambitious, maybe we'll have her for dinner, Thursday, but I would need to change my menu around. I'm not committing until Wednesday, and by then she most likely will have plans Thursday. Sneaky aren't I. 

That's how my week should go. I hope to get Part 2 and 3 of my vacation recap posted. Our Internet is slow so loading pictures is slow. It's fun for me to reminisce, but I hope you all enjoy as well. 

6 comments:

  1. How nice of you to watch your niece's kids. I'm sure it will be very appreciated! I have a crazy work week, and need to get back in the swing of things, so I'm hoping the jet lag isn't too bad. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only been one-two times every few months. She has been a trooper since losing her husband last year, and deserves a little fun. Her parents and in-laws are great supports, but sometimes not having grandparents babysit she feels like she can stay out later and feel a little more carefree.

      Delete
  2. Well you are taking a chapter out of my book. Are you crazy yet? Because I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have nothing on your schedule. I'll be hanging with kids watching movies and eating popcorn-not trying to sew thirteen wedding dresses. Carry on!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear there are no illnesses (so far!) from the water contamination. Looking forward to the rest of your vacation recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My internet is so slow, so getting pictures posted is taking so long and I blog when I have an hour or less it seems. It was fortunate the water problem was detected early before anyone got sick.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.