Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Veg Fest-Not a Harvest Fest


Fall is filled within  celebrations of fall with corn fests, apple fests, and schools changing up Halloween to Harvest Festivals. DD1 and I probably will do some of those but Sunday was Veg Fest, a day for loving and eating up vegan food and learning more about incorporating more or all vegan foods in your diet. My daughter worked as a greeter but we came together to share parking and got a free spot. I wandered and read literature but also got a swag bag, that contained a really nice recipe magazine. 


After her shift, we shared a few tasty treats like a chocolate decadent donut, Mac and cheese, and each had butternut squash pizza. So delicious. 



There was live music, cooking demonstrations, and beautiful views as the venue was at a terrific park right on the river. If one in your community, I would encourage you to check it out.


12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look very pretty. Being very close to my mom, I love it when moms and daughters spend time together and have a good relationship.

    Here is one of my favorite foods: https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/turkish-lentil-and-bulgur-patties-mercimekli-kofte

    You may both enjoy it as a healthy and vegan option. Great party food too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sure fun being with her as an adult-almost like a friend (which we are) outing.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photo of the pair of you.
    Being a lifelong vegetarian that event looks right up my street. That pizza looks delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the treats were so good. I bought a cashew "cheese" sauce for later.

      Delete
  4. Great picture of you two. I love festivals like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this had a hippy/bohemian/earthy feel we liked-not the weirdness of the MN State Fair.

      Delete
  5. I love events like this too. They are usually so well done and I learn something. I may not become vegetarian or vegan but it's a push in the right direction isn't it. And yep, that's a lovely picture of you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter has been doing some volunteering with the group that sponsored it and they were very organized. I guess it has doubled in size in the 7 years since it started and outgrew two spaces.

      Delete
  6. Great picture of y'all! This is the time of year for all of our local food fests. This weekend is the Turkish Festival and we are planning on going. And as long as I leave the rice and pastries alone I should be pretty keto compliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the food was really yummy and we managed to share quite a few different choices.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.