Monday, February 3, 2020

I Got a Bug

     The fresh air and sun this weekend was great, but everyone was out! I picked up something on Saturday and it's still lingering this morning. I'm taking a part telework, part sick day, trying to hydrate and get the heart burn that always accompanies  these types of bugs with me under control. I had a nearly empty schedule, which almost makes being sick worse as I could plow through work without interruption. 

     I watched little of the Super Bowl as I was nodding off and just blah. I walked DH through making a marinade for chicken wings and he played with the air fryer. I ate one-it was so good, but later I paid for it as it just sat in my stomach. His marinade for seven meaty wings was (not measured), a bit of olive oil, garlic powder, onion flakes, Italian Seasoning, a slash of balsamic vinegar, and a bit of water to mix it all. He used a plastic container with a tight lid and just flipped it over a few times. Definitely we will do these again! They tasted like a good bar and grill wing. He bought the wings, not on sale, and there were approximately 15 in the bag for $5.99. I have no idea on the power cost of the air fryer, but these were salt free, and the equivalent would be at least $12.99 at our local bar for an order of 12. Sometimes wings are the special at $.50 a wing, but these, not on sale, still beat that price and so much heather.  

     I am reading blogs, but lately I haven't felt very comments,if that's a word. I will try and be better because we all like a bit of good  chatting with our blog posts. That;s about all to check in on. I hope I feel better after more water toast and rest.

8 comments:

  1. Well that sucks! I hope you feel better asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better soon. Who knows, you might get your hubs cooking for you more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are krank. Feel better my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend who lost her ability to stand transformed her husband who NEVER cooked into a great cook. I think Tommy is a lost cause, but he can chop and slice for me. Was the Italian Seasoning free of salt. I never eat wings, but I am appalled at the price of wings when I see them on menus. I hope you get lots better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Italian seasoning was just the dried herbs-no salt.

      Delete
  5. I am commenting via the kindle and it hates me.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're feeling better this morning. My daughter had a cold last week but it didn't last long. I haven't heard of anyone here having the actual flu but I'm sure it's around. I've been putting off getting the new shingles shot but really need to get it soon. My sis said both shots (you need 2 a few months apart) really hurt and she had a slight fever and chills after the second one but from my understanding shingles is much worse! Drink plenty of water- that's my standard advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was gastrointestinal-perhaps something just didn't agree with me, and heart burn run amuck.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.