Monday, May 4, 2020

May Goals-Sort Of

     When did I last try out some goal setting? Perhaps in March, and then I went on a business trip, my brother-in-law died, my niece got married, there was a funeral, there was shifts in the call center, and working from home. That working from home moved into the full month of April, and here now are, Monday May 4th, and the last Stay at Home that was set to end today, is extended until two weeks form now, but with slightly more business being able to provide curb side pick-up. I'll be working from home the rest of May, and high indicators that will be  the case in June as well. With two more months with a commute that is from my bedroom to the room of the day, I think it's time to at least think about my priorities, and put a little more emphasis there. Note, I said my priorities, which will be different than yours or any one else's. Some areas are out of my control. For instance, I can't really set a savings goal for the month because we have no idea what DH's income ill be, nor how things might play out for family members. We also haven't identified all the causes we might feel compelled to step up with donations. There still though can be fiscal goals, and I'll start there.

Financial:
  • Play around with blogger to get a better balance of Adsence and annoyance. I'd like to  earn a little money, but not to the point that the pages are not readable.
  • Keep up with the Microsoft rewards. I recently skipped a day-darn, which meant losing out on probably a couple hundred points. 6,500 gets me to another $5 reward. My goal is to not waste those points and get to one more reward by May 31.
  • As I've been shopping at a store with gas rewards, make sure I maximize those to do one fill on one of our cars-probably DH's as it has the biggest tank and he is the only one that has been doing much driving, you know the 4 miles round trip commute. He did have to drive to the lake to take care of an issue though. 
Organization
  • Deep clean the kitchen again. It just feels dingy. With that, maybe I'll actually get the update pictures taken and posted. 
  • Get high areas and ceiling fans cleaned
Home Projects
  • With all the wear and tear on the kitchen table having been turned into an office and classroom, the paint job from last spring is a bit chipped. Also, the chair I sit on most has some worn places. Add repaint table top and put another coat of spray point on the chairs to my goal list.
  • Get the seedlings that have sprouted into a garden space. I am second guessing putting them in the ground, and may order  raised bed materials. My daughters said they would help me put them together. It might be more practical. I'll decide this week, as I'd like the plants in by the 15th. 
Home Life and Social
  • Set a proper dining room table four times. I won't say Sunday-maybe a random week night. 
  • Eat outside, weather permitted, for lunch each work day
  • Figure out some way to do a socially distanced but special Mothers Day for myself, and for my MIL
  • Participate in at least 3 of 4 virtual work lunches with my division, and 2 of 4 virtual coffee breaks with the supervisor/management team
Health and Wellness
  • Lose three pounds, by...
  • Increasing the number of plant based suppers to at least two per week
  • Do a low impact work out at least three time per week
  • Do stomach focused exercises at least twice per week
  • Continue my daily walks-but increase length and speed
     I think I'll stop there as I'm getting overwhelmed. Nothing is big, nothing is a stretch. I have just felt very unintentional if that is an appropriate  mood. I can't control the force of nature that is this virus nor the decision being made to keep us safe and hopefully salvage the economy. I should though be able to control and manage my own intentions. 


20 comments:

  1. These all look like really good goals! Wishing you luck for May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do goals but have a list where I add things and delete things...it makes me feel like I've accomplished something. Growing boxes will likely be easier on your back, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do lists for work but mostly my day changes because of the fire of the moment.

      Delete
  3. YES!!!!! Kitchen pictures, PLEASE!
    I think unintentional is a perfect word to describe a mood, by the way. I would say you described my Friday and Saturday perfectly. It's not a look I carry off well, just ask my family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All will be sorely disappointed as it was more a refresh than a redo. I hope to be more intentional with my free time.

      Delete
  4. This post made me feel lazy. I wish we lived close, we could walk and talk and solve all the worlds problems, because we are the smartest....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying that Kim. Just let me at the world podium. I've got ideas.

      Delete
  5. That list is pretty reasonable although over the years I've found that making a list like that is self-defeating for me. "Must dos" - no problem. I list those and generally get them done, but I never actually achieve the wish list. Good luck to you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May has been wobbly and good both, so if I can be a bit more focused, I should get through the month with a bit clearer head space.

      Delete
  6. It's so great to set yourself some goals and hold yourself accountable to them. Thank you for sharing and best of luck meeting them😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I reread, they look very non-goal, just like should get done lists. Nothing very aspirational but intentional.

      Delete
  7. Auburn University gave me boxes to grow things. Each has a reservoir so nothing gets dry. Make sure you harden off the seedlings. Putting a fan on them helps. Also, you can lightly brush your hand over the seedlings to make them tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read about that so hope I do well when I replant.

      Delete
  8. Many thanks for your kind offer SAM. It's much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you mentioned looking into the ads. For me they have gotten so agressive on your site and block chunks of content. Then I always get sent to one when I don’t think it’s been clicked on. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my blog doesn't look terrible right now. I'll try and fix. I think we see it differently than readers do-I don't like that.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.