Friday, June 18, 2021

What's Going On? Friday W's

 

     My goodness has June been flying right on by. We're past the midpoint, and just a few weeks shy of 4th of July weekend-which, is a three day weekend for many people. I might even have it as a four day, fingers crossed my Friday will be taken as vacation. But that's next week's post.  For now, here's the W's of my life for this week.    

Where I've been: Saturday I went to a graduation party of a friends son. I was towards the end of the event so I actually got to talk with friend, husband and kids a bit. Smart lady-she schedule to use the party room of a Green Mill restaurant, and had just a flow of pizza, salad, and hot wings. It might have been expensive, but when I think of the work to host Open Houses, probably worth it and she could enjoy it as well. Sunday as I've shared, we had a lovely day at the lake-we actually went up Saturday night. We had a perfect fire and the bugs were not even that bad. 

Where I'm going: We're going to the lake on Sunday for the day for Father's Day, but just for the day. I have a vacation week and my daughter is using the extra cabin with friends. I am probably going to go up mid-week and stay over night, but as I have many things I'd like to  get done, not really a play week. I've got a few family things on my calendar-a soccer game for a great niece, a baseball game for a great nephew, and fingers crossed, a happy hour with my  sisters tomorrow. 

What I'm reading:  I started reading a book at the lake on SUnday called, One Perfect Summer. I don't even remember the author and it is not a great book so far-quite odd, but might get better. It is a beach read. 

What I'm listening to: Still streaming the news. Minnesota has no budget approved for  the new fiscal year, so each day I listen to see if there is any progress. 

What I've been watching: DD2 and I started Manifest. I vaguely remember when it was on regular TV. I'm getting bored with it even though it is a trending show. The girls and I watched In the Heights, the Lin Manuel Miranda feature. The music was pretty darn good-though it was long. I also wasn't thrilled with a couple ballads added towards the end of the movie that didn't really seem like it added to the overall story, but other than that , two thumbs up. 

What I'm eating:  I meal planned Sunday, but that has not been followed at all. We got Chipotle on Tuesday. Tasty, but the calorie and sodium has to be through the roof. At least I got two meals out of my burrito! DH made some really good hamburgers last night-it was good to have a night off cooking. I've used the slow cooker a few times-avoiding that oven in this heat. This is when I really like the air fryer.

Who I'm paying attention to: I'm still watching the world political stage and as mentioned earlier, the Minnesota legislature. With no budget, Minnesota state parks will close, other infrastructure projects will be put on pause, and it just will be a pain in the butt for many people. 

What I'm planning: I didn't do too much planning at all this last week. I launched another grant application for work, so was pulled in answering a lot of questions so by the end of the day, I wanted a walk and a little fresh air-but hard to find in this heat. I need DH to request time off and then we can plan our vacation week in August-also his 60th birthday! There will be no party, but  at least a small get together with a few friends. 

     I'm getting  back to a little rhythm on blogging and reading others blogs. Often it's still on my phone so  my lack of comments is not lack of interest but technology gaffs. If you'd like to play along with your W's, pop a note in the comments. 

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week. You are so lucky to have a family cabin to go to. I would just love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s nice on hot summer days but also a lot of extra work that takes up DHs time.

      Delete
  2. Definitely looks like you are back in the blogging rhythm. Things sound busy there as always. Enjoy the day at the lake for Father's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a nice way to start the morning. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

      Delete
  3. You had a lot of god going on for the week. I am glad to see you are back to blogging. You were missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne. Not a lot to write about but it gives me an activity for me.

      Delete
  4. Do you have any idea what you will get for your husband for his 60th? Big birthday - and that much closer to retirement is how I looked at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he did just get a boat. I guess that will be the gift! Otherwise, not really. He hates people picking things out for him.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a busy week. Glad you were able to get some relaxation at the cabin.
    Hope the state finalizes the budget so that things don't have to shut down.
    I agree with you on the Manifest show, I watched a few episodes but couldn't get into it really.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be an inconvenience to thousands and hardship to many if no budget is passed. Ridiculous.

      Delete
  6. I watch all the Gunsmoke I can find. This weekend will be a lot of shows with James Arness in them. I am reading a book about birds, Bird Ways, I think. I am learning so much about birds. We are eating lots of salads. Tonight, I did not want anything, so I sent Tommy in the make himself a salad with the chopped chicken meat I had thawed in the refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life sounds good, parties, an escape and a big birthday on the horizon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s almost close to normal life-not completely. Now to be productive this week.

      Delete
  8. I had forgotten you are in MN.
    Do they usually have a budget?

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.