Sunday, May 29, 2022

Meals from the Week

      I keep trying to menu plan, or at least have options ready to go. My daughter starts one part time job this week, so the three person's meal schedule variety begins. Here was how last week went.

  • Sunday: As we had a big lunch out, later my daughter made herself spaghetti and vodka sauce(Trader Joe's). DH had a bit.
  • Monday: Hamburger and home made airfryer fries for DH and me. DD2 was out with friends
  • Tuesday: Hamburger, rice, cheese,. Broccoli hotdish
  • Wednesday: DH and daughter had a frozen pizza, I had snacks and beer at a work gathering
  • Thursday: Curry + ham and turkey melts for DH instead
  • Friday: Grilled veggies burgers- DH ate leftovers at home
  • Saturday: DH grabbed himself something after work, DD2 and I ate brats at the lake.
DH is staying now until Monday so he'll eat up whatever meat and sides are at the lake. I'll be home this afternoon to do my own projects and I think my daughter's coming home too. I'll just eat whatever I can find to make due today and tomorrow but organize rest of the week, Tuesday toward. The crockpot is going to be my friend but I think with the weather, lighter options might taste better.
  • Cook up chicken breasts for....
  • Chicken salad on romaine 
  • Chicken ranch wraps ( have some lavash  wraps I found in freezer) 
  • Chicken stew
  • Easy stir fry or lo mein
  • Crockpot pasta primavera
  • Taco salads
  • Fried rice and egg rolls ( ordered another dozen from neighbor for Saturday pickup)
     If my daughter is around she can also step in and put together a meal for us. DH will need to get used to multi uses for the same ingredients as I don't think my mind will go towards much creativity as I just try to coast through the week. Are you transitioning to summer foods now? Any local vegetables yet?





14 comments:

  1. With the ac running, any meal sort of works. But, since it has been 90 or higher, we do eat a bit lighter sometimes. With tomatoes in season, it is so much easier to eat light and want lighter foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're big on tomato added to sandwiches and salads.

      Delete
  2. The River farmer’s market has strawberries and fresh Chilton County Peaches and a batch of homegrown tomatoes, the first of the season there. So I definitely got all three… lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I'd be bringing those home for sure.

      Delete
  3. do you ever get tired or fed up and tell others go graze what you will?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frequently! However, 8/10 times they'd go get take out and not a good plan.

      Delete
  4. We did hot dogs & potato salad for dinner tonight, which was delicious. I'm not much of a hot dog fan, but M adds a little marinate, and we buy the nicer ones, so they taste pretty good when grilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DH's mom made potato salad but for some reason, not much was eaten. I guess not feeling it. My daughter and I had really good brats/ Italian sausage Friday night. They were just Aldi, but I cooked in beer and did a perfect grill.

      Delete
  5. I get the catch a catch can approach to dinner. It is hard when people are on different schedules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be an interesting meal week. My daughter has gotten fussy at college.

      Delete
  6. The snow peas have been delicious this year. I was late getting my lettuce in but it should be ready soon. Strawberry season is about over. Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we haven't even started yet with strawberries. I have salad to use up and assorted veggies.

      Delete
  7. I really have no clue what to make this week although taco salads sound good. I will figure it out though. Rebecca and I went to our town's farmer's market on Saturday and I got some fresh spinach. There was also asparagus and radishes there but I needed neither. I cannot wait until there is more variety, like tomatoes and cucumbers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I have frozen taco meat so I think that's a good option here too. I'd love some more asparagus.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.