- DS initiated a call on Saturday and we talked for over an hour, still talking when DH came home. I handed the phone to him and they talked another 30 minutes. Our son is a talker once we start in a conversation, but often we hear from him first only when he has specific questions, or perhaps needs something. To call us just because, is rare. He sounded healthy and happy, hoping to get to the Malibu beach on Sunday.
- DD1 had an interview for a possible new job, or rather a series of three interviews with multiple people over the course of three hours. It sounds like it went brilliant. However, it took her little more than the first set of questions to realize the job would be nothing she wanted, all the boring parts of her current job, rolled int a typical 8-5 desk job. She left the interview, called me, and reported that she is more invigorated into doing more of her own projects and work on the side, while keeping her current, while grossly underpaid, interesting job that includes travel, flexibility, and a five minute commute. I was so happy to hear she will continue to follow her passion, and not a money trail.
- While sad, it was lovely to see my extended family at my aunts service. More wonderful was hearing the beautiful tributes to this sweet, soft spoken, and remarkable women by her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. I owe her a whole post, but for now, I am so appreciative that she was part of my life and I will strive to follow her as a role model for inner and outer peace.
- I am thankful for living in a supportive community. I had an opportunity for a long catch-up with a woman I knew over 35 years from school as we were cleaning up, then waiting for the concert Friday night. We shared reflections on the recent tragedy's in the community, our shared desire to keep our community and schools a place where children and teens (and out neighbors) know people care about them.
- I had another Sunday of calm with my small nuclear home family. While not every weekend seems to be one to refuel, I treasure the last few that have a given me the mental energy to make the most of the following week.
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
In an effort to find the special and good in my life, I'm going to stick with my Affirmative Tuesday posts. Last week I introduced this as a way to try and combat my dislike of this day of the week and use it to cast a positive light, Stuart Smiley version. I'm leaving him in last weeks post, but here's five new things to feel positive about as I start my second weekday.