- I used the four hours I had while pup was at the vet/groomer to get several home admin things done, and do some leg work on a few blog posts. I didn't waste time driving back home but found a McDonald's that was not busy, I would not have taken up hours in a crowded place.
- With the weather dicey on Friday into Saturday, I pretty much just stayed put. I was a bit under the weather so let myself just rest. We had a nice quiet movie night with homemade Chicken noodle soup and tuna sandwiches.
- I used up two stalks of wilting celery in my vegan chili. I had bought fresh, but these were salvageable so why waste since they would be cooked down. I added the last of a last leg pepper as well.
- I salvaged the cinnamon roll dough when bread maker stopped. I was worried it would not rise, but while more dense, we had fresh bakery over the weekend. I admit, I did throw a few out as I ended up not getting part of the dough froze as I was planning to do.
- We'll see how this goes. I attended a lunch seminar on organic recycling. We are going to have a division discussion about whether we start or not. It would take a few of us willing to bring the organize home each night. This is on my list to do, but was going to wait for spring. Minimally, I could start a holding place and bring to the drop off site. Stay tuned. I know this still will not work for pups poo bags-that is just going to remain landfill even in the biodegradable bags.
- My stop at McDonald's was much less than my original impulse to go to Panera. I had already had coffee so a $10 Diet Coke and $10 breakfast sandwich was cheap rent for the table.
- With pup getting his fur cut very short, I looked at pet sweaters and jackets. All they had were pull over-a deal breaker for him, plus were very expensive I skipped it, but later when taking him out, I made a sort of cape with an old sweater of DD2's that I just had to button. He wasn't happy about it either, but since it was so cold and snowy, I wanted something while he still was not feeling he best.
- Both DD2 and I had off Monday. We planned lunch together, but rather than going out, I made the vegan chili. I sent a bowl home with her so she would have something in her freezer next month when she gets home as she works the next day. DH got supper out of it, and I've two more lunches. I took the chance on old chili powder as I had run out and it seemed just fine, but need to add to my shopping list now.
- This needs to be the norm but again I packed all lunches, snacks, and coffee at home or in a travel mug for work.
- We had our low cost dinner theater outing. We shared an appetizer, I had a beer, and my mother-in-law had a grasshopper for intermission, her treat she likes to have there. While we tip on the dinner and additional items, dinner theater, complete with a very enjoyable professional quality production was only $35 for the three of us. Thank you again Chanhassen Dinner Theater for hosting the MN Blogger Bash back in October!
Pups vet and grooming bill was eye watering, but necessary. I bought a couple new grooming tools to help us sensitize him to grooming so we hopefully can do more traditional grooms again in the future. We'll keep him brushed and furinated and the fur/hair out of his eyes ourselves, and if DH can manage, perhaps the clippers, if we do before it gets too long again. e is better with us, though it is still a battle. That's my recap for the week. How was your week in thrift?