It was an expensive weekend with meals out, hotel stay, and the concert tickets. Still, it was worth the dollars spent and I had a wonderful time with my family. I’m back to watching the pennies again though and had some minor success even within some expensive, but needed, costs for the car.
- Found about to expire cottage cheese and made a crock pot lasagna, which the leftovers worked for lunch and DD2’s dinner on Tuesday.
- DH used a coupon and got a free tire rotation and a discount (not sure how much) on new back brakes for my car.
- I worked from home Wednesday, saving gas and wear and tear.
- Inspired by the Q’Doba burrito bowls, made our at home versions with brown rice, black, bean and corn salsa, refried beans, chicken, and an avocado. The three of us were fed for $7.41, with leftovers for two of us for lunch. One Q’Doba bowl with chicken is $8.10. this was a new to me way of serving food and one we enjoyed.
- Went to a thrift store with my older daughter and hit a 505 off sale for Presidents day. She got a dress, coat, and a shirt for a whopping $12. Plus, the same greenery she was looking at Target at $9.99 a bundle, was three for $.99. I got DD2 three shirts, a dress, and two sweater for $15. It was quite a haul!
So far I still have spent nothing on myself for clothing and was not even tempted to look. I'm saving a little of my money for new under garments for spring. Until then, I'm making do with what I have. I still have no functioning oven, but not buying take out. February will end a little financially better than I thought heading into it, and for that I am happy to keep up with my frugal ways.