I say this to cut myself some slack at the amount of red below and the liberties I'm taking with yellow. Recapping my progress in December goals, this is how my week went.
- Try a new recipe and blog about it. Does changing out 1/2 the batch of peanut blossoms with Reese's Peanut Butter cups instead of Hershey kisses count? .
- Read a book for fun, even if it is one I already have read. Well, I leafed through the first issue of The Tightwad Gazette. Yeah, I'm counting that as some progress.
- Write towards completing my book at least 10 hours cumulatively. Nothing in the past week. I am STILL not happy about my lack of progress on this goal.
- Limit TV/streaming/YouTube to not more than 6 hours during the week, and 6 total on weekends. There is just too much other stuff to do in December, and if I have a free night, going to bed early would be a good thing. Since I modified to not count sports (Vikings, Wild game...), I think this was a success this week. .
- Other than a holiday lunch for my team, my gift to them, no eating out or morning coffee stops (work days). I did well this week, except for Friday when a former colleague was a last minute cancellation, but I still bought a cup.
- Cook two meals at once at least once per week. I made a double batch of soup and extra rice for a second meal. Not entirely twice cooked, but some progress.
- Pack and actually eat, two servings of fruit and veg to my lunch each day. Pretty good here.
- Add a midday outside walk, every day if possible, even if only around the building. My body craves some natural light when I leave and come home in the dark. Boo- came short here.
- Fit in a 10-15 minute yoga video in at least 2 times per week, This has gone by the wayside and by body feels it. Boo-again, I came short here.
- Not gain any weight. I'm frustrated with myself for putting back on the five pounds lost on vacation, and being so close to the weight again I was two years ago, my heaviest. 2019 has to be the year I get my weight in check. Holding steady at least in December, despite the treats and calorie laden food, will boost my confidence heading into January. Still, so far, so good, and if I could get more exercise in, that would certainly help.
I didn't promise perfection, just some stretch goals to be more active, eat better, and accomplish something I set my mind on.