Monday, May 8, 2017

Weekend Update Les Mis Edition

I had a weekend of wedding and theater. DD1's friends wedding was quite different as for wedding itself, but lovely. Our daughter was gorgeous and a gracious maid of honor. No pictures to share.

As for the play, completely wonderful. Les Mis is the story of Jean Val Jean, who tries to overturn a past by adopting the child of Fontine, who died lost and alone.  Chased to be arrested by Javert, he and his daughter get caught up in the beginning of the French revolution. DD2 was young Cosette, the daughter, forced from no choice to live with a bad inn keeper and wife. Here is her big scene.  She then was adopted, grew up, and was part of ensemble and a slightly older and taller student then played the character.



  I'll unpost in a few days but if you watch, I hope you enjoy. I'm very proud.

8 comments:

  1. DD2 has a lovely voice - no wonder you are so proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those, I can't believe she's my daughter moments!

      Delete
  2. Le Mis is the only play I have ever watch that made me cry. It is probably number 2 on my list of all time favorites.
    Your daughter has a beautiful voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They staged it minimally, as a school project telling the story and it really worked. The finalcscenes were raw with emotion. These kids were phenomenal and yes, I cried!

      Delete
  3. What a great performance from your daughter she has a lovely voice and I'm not surprised you're proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm proud of her friends the orchesta, all of it was just amazing.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is so lovely. I understand why you are proud. When I see the youth theatre in Geneva I am always amazed - not just by their talent but by their confidence (and bravery - wild horses wouldn't get me up there). Your daughter has a lovely voice. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great voice and such poise and presence on stage. The pit sounds awesome as well. Bravo!

    Yours, Deecee

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.