Monday, August 14, 2017

Quintessential Summer Supper


I've veered a bit off the menu plan but still using up what we have for the most part. I'm tracking to the nearest dollar but couldn't pass up a fresh baked baguette Saturday morning from the town bakery to go with the Greek inspired salad I made for Sunday.


My sister-in-laws cousin had brought a humongous cucumber and onion salad and I was the recipient of a take home container.The Greek-like salad  originally was going to have pasta, but the chick pea, cucumber, onion,olive, and artichokes looked so good as is. I made a tuna salad with the cooked noodles.  

 Corn from a roadside stand with these leftovers from the cabin made a perfect late supper when we got home Sunday night from the lake. Plus, there was enough corn for supper tonight as well. The teen gave me an extra generous dozen with 15 ears, which means more to take off the cob and freeze for a chowder on a cool fall day. Happy August eating.


8 comments:

  1. My dh is the only one who eats corn in my house (I just can't digest it) but I still buy 6 years and save the leftovers for winter when it tastes like summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is a grain, and I'm trying to avoid simple grains, but so delicious.

      Delete
  2. Looks fabulous! My husband makes a Persian version of that dip (Greek yogurt, finely diced cucumber & onion, dill, etc). We eat it with kebabs & rice. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a version of that a couple months ago-so fresh tasting.

      Delete
  3. Yummy! We have had a lot of corn this summer, all of it fantastic and local. Bread...my nemesis but so tasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure if I save my bread calories for really good stuff, and stagger it out, I'm not over indulging. This was so good.

      Delete
  4. there is nothing so yummy as summer eats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And nothing was deep fried and put on a stick (MN joke)

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.