Monday, February 22, 2021

Feeling Good Monday-Weekend Wanders

     Finally a break from the deep freeze and pup and I were ready to explore. Our old haunts look different than November before winter took hold.It's a picture heavy post, and not really in a great cohesive order, but join me if you would like. 

Saturday we walked  at a local park that has water falls in several spots, and an interesting old railroad bridge, now a walking and bike path. 

A little bit of moving water at the base of the falls.

Snowy woods.

The top of the falls.

View from the bridge.

View from the East side of the railroad bridge. 

A steep look down to the frozen river, with trickles still running.

A closer view of the frozen falls.

The falls from a step back.

Pup just nosing around the look out pavilion.

View from the West side of the railroad bridge.

The walls of the current mill in the back ground. 


     Sunday was less rustic, walking along the big river and downtown to see the remains of last weekends ice sculptures before sun and warmth knocked them all down.


The one outside one of our favorite
restaurants and near the brewery

Oh, cupid!

Pup had curiosity with this one.

this was a favorite-I love how the winter decorations in the
planters, remnants of snow, and a cute pup all combine for 
a Hallmark kind of scene.


Pup was less interested in the ice and more the smells.
This one looks salvaged from a broken base.

And the river walk from a different view. No boats, no barges and no bikes or skateboards. 

The fireplace was a good idea but has pretty much
been out of order. No skating rink this year.
 

A tiny little sitting area nestled in downtown by the river. 

The  amphitheater/pavilion that has live music, community
movies, and  other performances. Not much Sunday!

     Not much more to tell or show. It was snowing on Sunday and pup and I were both  pretty wet by the time we got back to the car. We got hi dried off and he cuddled up with DH for the afternoon until our daughters concert was available for streaming at 4:30. I hope you  enjoyed coming along with me. 

22 comments:

  1. Nice photos! I'm looking forward to getting out and about now that I've had my second Covid vaccine YAY! It's been almost a year of hardly leaving the house. I'll still wear mask but believe me, it's a big sigh of relief. My stove conked out Saturday so I need to replace it- no big hurry since I have 2 crock pots and a microwave but definitely soon. My refrigerator is 24 years old- my sis says I should just replace it too and she's probably right. Appliances don't excite me in the least. I just want something that operates LOL. The stove is 16 years old so I'm thinking a repair would not be the way to go. Good news is the weather here is awesome with a high of 77 and no rain. Tomorrow high is just supposed to be in the mid 60s so I should take advantage of it today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You type 77 and I'm giddy about my 27 today! Appliances are with cars to me-have to have, but they do not excite me either.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for taking us along. Loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. with so little going on, they did this to attract shoppers, take out, and the 50% capacity diners.

      Delete
  4. Great photos Sam, everything looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My photo skills leave room for improvement, but the scenes were beautiful.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, I can just feel the cold in those first photos, but they are so beautiful. The ice sculptures are so neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be another month or so before the falls start falling again-I'll take more pictures then.

      Delete
  6. This is the time of year when life seems surreal to see such photos and wonder if things truly are that way. I remember they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the snowy tour Sam. That may be the only snow I see this year! Wow, I love ice sculptures! How fab that they're just sat out on the street. Do you ever go ice skating? Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a while since I have ice skated as my knee is pretty dodgy. I have skates and grew up skating at the park rinks.

      Delete
  8. The photos are gorgeous. I am particularly fascinated by the frozen waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it cool to see. Being so close to home, I don't appreciate it enough.

      Delete
  9. Brr! That looks so chilly! I love the pictures of the frozen waterfalls, and all the ice sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got too warm walking and had to take gloves off. The sculptures were a little pop of fun.

      Delete
  10. How beautiful it all looks. I miss ice skating. I did it almost every night in the winter as a young girl. I would be super afraid of breaking something now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the pressure on my knee that I worry about. I guess I should worry about falling and breaking things as well.

      Delete
  11. Hello Sam, thank you so much for your comment on my blog!
    Isn't it amazing how snow transforms everything? I love the frozen waterfalls, and those ice sculptures are magnificent! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sam, Usually I don't regret leaving winter behind, but your photos reminded me of the winter woods, always a fascinating place. When I was growing up, my brother and I were outdoors all the time. We loved to creek hike, and sometimes even in winter we would follow the frozen brooks along the woods.

    Later, I had a job for which I had to walk through the winter woods, and it always reminded me of Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening," although in this case the symbolism was all positive.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.