The Christmas season that is. I really enjoy the hussle and bussel this month brings, and when I've had enough any given day, I'll retreat. I'm not sure how this December will feel. I think we all thought with vaccine's the holiday season might feel more normal, but here we are. I got two curve balls at work, but I'm determined to not let them suck my evenings. With this mixed mindset, I'm preparing my list of what I want to do or experience before Christmas. Yep, many, many food ones.
- Drive and see holiday lights
- Make gift boxes of assorted fudge- deliver said fudge to friends and family
- Make my regular treats, mostly to give away!
- Make Scandinavian rosettes
- Attend a Christmas concert in addition to my daughter's
- Downtown stroll with camera and take pictures
- Hot drinks out of Christmas mugs
- Watch the London YouTube tours if the stores that go all out! Fortnum and Masons, Herrods, Liberty, John Lewis. Give me more ideas please. These are short and a nice unwind.
- Trader Joe's holiday treat haul
- Fill my House advent calendar with fun things ( may need to have daughter's play catch up), notes, pictures, poems, tiny ornaments, stickers, just fun things
- Do an email Christmas card- we'll see if I truly down turn my mailing list
- Watch 2-3 classic Christmas movies, plus 1-3 new ones
- Actually read a Christmas book-not sure if it will be Dickens, but happy to take recommendations
- finally find and ut out my various Christmas blankets for cozy nights
- Light candles by 4:00 so that they glow as the sun starts to set
- Get my Christmas cards displayed rather than just in a basket
- Make some cheesy paper wreaths and cut outs for my windows
The list may continue if I think if things. Some will extend into January and perhaps February . I just want to make sure I'm focused on holiday cheer and will take you all along. I've included pictures from past December blog posts to get me motivated. What's one thing you really want to do this month?