Saturday, April 18, 2015

Just Try It For Today

Is happiness really a state of mind?  Can you truly live a happier life by pushing aside negative thoughts, petty complaints, and fits of jealousy? Can embracing an attitude of fullness verses a a deficit mindset be the right course for overall bliss? Would I wake up happier tomorrow if for just today I squealsh every negative thought, word, and impulse back?  Lovely Grey has some good thoughts today on being a half full glass kind of gal.  As I had no post ideas, I'm branching off my comments in her blog to see if I really could get through the whole day with an air of bliss.

It might be tough, but a little challenge is good.  First off, I had a not so great night of sleep because pup drank more water then normal last night after an extra long walk, and up we were at 1:00 for a trip outside, followed by tough time falling back to sleep.  But hey, no accident to clean up this morning-that was kind of him!  The next door neighbors put in a lovely new fence, but because of digging, the utilities on our line needed to be shut off.  This triggered a new gas meter being installed.  I am without gas until they come out after 2:30 to relight.  This means cold showers, no hot water for dishes, and no clothes dryer, with a mountain of laundry.  Well, we'll just see what we can come up with instead, shall we.  If Lovely Grey can live a full life in a motor home,  with clean body, hair, clothes and dishes, I can improvise for a day.

What I have to smile about today...

  • Clean water out of my own taps, coffee grounds, electricity, and my Keurig coffee maker
  • Soft, cozy bed to take a nap in later should I need to (or want to)
  • Sunshine and a nice breeze, a clothes line to dry laundry
  • Hair brush and plenty of pony tail holders to give myself an interesting "up do"
  • Tea kettle that boils water really quickly, ready to heat up dishwater, and"bathing" water
  • Empty dishwasher to hide the dirty dishes that can be washed once gas is back on
  • Food in the refrigerator,freezer, and cupboards including vegetable cream cheese and onion bagels
It's 8:29, and things are cheery in my head. It's time to declare this day open for business. 




2 comments:

  1. Add to your list the fact that you've made a blog reader smile - it always improves my day if I know someone enjoyed reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes-I should add great blogs to read to the list. I'm sure I'll learn no less than two new things through someones post.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.