Wednesday, May 20, 2015

iPads Are Not For Me

The laptop has officially died and before I could settle on a replacement.  I'm using DH's beloved iPad and it is not the same.  I want the click of the keys and the typewriter qualities of my old Smith Corona. That humming machine  was my friend in high school and college. The convenience of a computer Word product can't be over looked, so in all practicality would not go back to the days before PC's, but this soft key, thinking on my behalf, glorified toy, is not doing it for me.

I tried copying DD#2's soccer schedule ten times to put in an e-mail to send out.  Try as I might, and it looked like it should be a simple highlight, copy and paste.  It kept "over ruling" me and pasted a link that I had in an earlier e-mail.  I can't even change the font or paste a silly clip art image.  Maybe there are tricks I don't know, but I don't want to learn them. I want a regular old lap top again. DH used his line he uses with the kids whenever they express want of something.  "It's nice to want.". He and his iPad should be very comfortable on the couch tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.