Saturday, May 16, 2015

We Will Have Cilantro

I believe I will still be doomed in the gardening department.  Barely a hint of green in any of the tomato and pepper starters.  Maybe someone who really gardens can tell me it is ok-don't give up hope.  I do have success to report though.  Not one, but both of the Cilantro pots is sprouting!  I am also getting a little peek of the parsley as well.  One of each pot was for my mother in law, who sadly, did not get her herbs on Mother's Day.  We ended up forking out $9.00 for a spring bouquet of cut flowers. There was delicious Godiva chocolate bars as well, so still a lovely gift, just not the more original and more heart felt one I thought we were going to give. DD#2 painted her a series of water colors and made them into a card as well. It would have been quite lame to hand over a couple pots of soil, as that was the state they were last Sunday.  The week made a nice difference.

The parsley is on the right and you might just see a little green stem. The sad little starter pots in the back ground are the tomatoes and peppers.  We shall speak no more about them. I kind of like my farmers market and farm stand vendors anyway.

I am not really a fan of cilantro. A tiny little bit in a homemade salsa or pico de gallo is ok, but I am at a loss as to what else will be done with it. I have many friends who either make themselves, or have mothers who make delicious pho, the Vietnamese, though I associate it more with Hmong, noodle soup.  I don't enjoy it this way, but others love a heaping handful on their steamy soup. Besides being accomplished pho makers, my friends are also accomplished gardeners and I would get a polite, but "you are clueless" smile gifting them my crop of herbs.

Though I am at a loss as to what will actually be done, I won't let that dim my light. I will be internally  basking in the glory of a small bit of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.