Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Weeknight's are Just as Splendid

On the last day of April in anticipation for lovely spring and summer nights I posted  ideas on how to make the most of weeknights, and why wait for weekends for fun. Here I shared my brainstorm of ideas to not just let weekdays be bearable, but actually look forward to them. I've been trying to take my own advise and embrace my evenings.

We've been eating outside.  We've had a spell of rainy Tuesday and Thursday's, but when we can slip outside, we dine there. Suppers have been simple fairs, but I've been happy with our trusty big gas grill.

I've attended six soccer games already this spring, just as exciting as if we were sitting in Winnipeg watching a World Cup game. Grabbing an ice cream cone after the games has been an added treat, or after two games, hot chocolate because it was cold and rainy. Still, the fan's persevered under umbrellas.

We've taken in three concerts, hearing a twist on rock and roll classics, and Broadway theater, hearing Hair, complete with a retro 70's wardrobe change. I'd love to post to give you a taste of middle school talent, but since other kids are involved, and DD#2 would be mortified, you'll just have to hear it in your head.  I did like Thriller and Crocodile Rock done on strings.

I met up with a friend less than I would have liked for a walk, but the Thursday is my only night I am not taxiing around for part of the evening and those rain outs cancelled a few plans. Still, both times L and I walked, it was amazing how many miles we could cover chatting away. Both times, her DH had lemony ice water waiting for us-now that's service.

I'm waiting for a Tuesday concert series starting up in July and I have a few author readings on my calendar and some after work happy hours with both old and new colleagues. We also have to hit the last Drive In movie theater in our area at least once.  Weeknights are better viewing because the crowd is cut in half, but have to figure out when I can have a delayed work start for that plan as if we stayed for all three movies, we'd arrive home at 4:30 a.m.. I'm not rushing summer-technically it isn't even here yet and a lot more to do. How are you filling your nights?
One of the last drive in movie theaters, Vali Hi-picture from the theater web site.


2 comments:

  1. I drove right by that drive-in last July on my way from Wausau WI to Clear Lake IA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an event to go to movies. People tailgate, grill out, play frisbee and soccer. It is great summer fun- except the bugs and mosquitos.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.