Thursday, July 30, 2015

Supper or a Science Experiment?


You may not be able to read this, so let me share the ingredient list of this humble chicken patty with cheese purchased on the fly for DD#2 and I while running between music lessons, errands, and another stop. 

Ingredients: Chicken Patty: Chicken breast with rib meat, water, vegetable protein product (isolated soy protein, magnesium oxide, zinc oxide, Niacinamide, ferrous sulfate, vitamin B12, Copper gluconate, vitamin A palmitate, calcium pantothenate.... and there are 3 and 3/4 more circles to go to get through the ingredients in the chicken patty. I haven't gotten to the bun, or the cheese. 

We have a spanking new convenience store in town, and this week is the grand opening.  Every day is a 2 for $1.00 sandwich special, free slices of their "deli" pizza,  50 cent coffee and get this- 32 ounce super size sodas.  I was sucked in.  As I type this, I am drinking copious amounts of water and hoping to undo or at least water down the damage.  I must say though, it was a tasty little sandwich.  I guess those chemists in the food labs know what they are doing in combining the elements and compounds from the periodic table to make a crap sandwich  appealing to the taste buds. 

2 comments:

  1. It's scary what goes into a sandwich to make it last...............! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel the effects to day a bit. So much salt-still drinking lot of water today.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.