Thursday, November 19, 2015

Not How My Day Started

Who wouldn't want to start their morning with a breakfast like this?  Warm oat muffins with homemade raspberry jam, any one?  I would have loved to enjoy this meal, a wholesome version from last summer, but nope, that was not to be.  I scrounged a couple crusts of bread-the lasts in the loaf, a hard boiled egg I think is still within safety range, and the dregs of the whole milk used for soup on Sunday to put in the coffee made from the last coffee pod. While not the lovely kick start to my morning I would have liked, and I still haven't sourced what I will throw together for my lunch, I am profoundly aware this week that my  kitchen foraged meals are a great deal more than half the worlds population will have access to. I'm sending DD#2 off with a granola bar and a piece of fruit, and a lunch account to buy a a hot meal at noon. My skimpy pantry and refrigerator is from lack of planning and timing, not lack of resources. This Thursday before Thanksgiving, is a good day to  fully embrace appreciation for that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.