1. In spite of an additional hour of traffic after work, I made it to my great nephews grad party north of the Twin Cities. DH and DD2 didn't go as they had conflicts last night so I went straight from work. I was glad to be able to celebrate with my nieces family, a niece we've seen less of than others as my brother and her mom split when she was very young. Her husbands first wife passed away very young, leaving a small child and husband to start again. My niece adopted her son after they were married. As a young teen I went through a grumpy phase at a time when my nieces mom was going through another (wretched) divorce, and as a kid she didn't cope well, spending more time at my parents. Just five years apart in age, she and I had a rocky relationship when she was at my parents house, me finding her always under foot, and in my space, but as I matured, and I understood what was going on, my attitude shifted dramatically. I grew close to her as she entered her turbulent teen years. She is DD1's God Mother. Building bonds isn't always about frequency and amount of time spent together, but rather shared and understood experiences.
2. I'm walking regularly again with my friend V. She logs the walking route for steps and calories burned. As I'm so tired this week, we started slow, under 2.5 miles one night and just under 2 another. I'm still doing little walks myself. I will get stronger and build more stamina; this is a start.
3. My massive amounts of water, but not too much to be unhealthy, makes a noticeable difference in how my skin looks and feels in the unseasonably hot weather we've been having. I make sure I bring a water bottle for both my route to and from work. Of course, I'm running for the bathroom as soon as my car is parked!
4. When I got home last night, DD2, no school to get up for and no late night studying, was watching The Mummy on TV. She wanted me to come watch the rest with her. I curled up on the couch with her and just let my mind go blank, not thinking about all the July 1 deadlines.
5. Last, and probably least, I saw a minimal 1 pound weigh loss from last week. This makes my 6 week weight loss at 9.6 pounds. I know my over indulgence in potato chips this week, last night included, was the biggest factor in the slow progress. I own it and can make sure this week I do something about it. Today starts a new week in my plan.
Goals for the week:
- Continue with my power walking with V. Get to 2.5 miles consistently.
- Buy some avocados. My diet has been without them for two weeks and I miss them, and my momentum misses them.
- Focus on getting more and better sleep.
- Keep away from potato chips.
- Prep greens and veggies for improved lunches and suppers for the week.