Oh did I sleep well Thursday night. After a ridiculously hot and turbulent flight, my own abode never looked better. That starts out why I am posting my Feeling Good post today.
- I let myself sleep as late as I needed yesterday. While I was still up and out of the house by 7:20, giving my body the option to sleep until noon if required was in order. I had no time to do a proper post yesterday.
- A long term issue finally got sorted at work. A woman that has since retired, had used an entirely wrong process for resolving a financial adjustment. Her replacement knew it couldn't be right and spent hours with me, as it had to be corrected by end of day, June 30,to fix. Peace of mind!
- I thought about bailing on a group dinner Wednesday and just grabbing a salad in my hotel room. I decided to say "yes", one of my little goals, when my instinct was to say "no.". I had a fun evening, rode in a limo as it was cheaper for a group of nine than two or three cabs would have been. We got out of hotel strip no man's land and into the city for dinner. I spoke with newer colleagues I didn't know well, who were terrific.
- I skipped desert at the luncheon and learned I love Israeli couscous with balsamic dressing. I also skipped the high fat, high simple carb pastries and muffins at Thursdays breakfast. Fortunately, there were hard boiled eggs. I've learned to not just eat stuff because it is there.
- It wasn't all good eating though, with a nacho bar reception Tuesday night, Tex-Mex enchiladas and Margarita at the dinner in the city Wednesday, and a veggie burger, with bun and fries for a last Dallas lunch. Still, .2 pounds were lost. I expected to have gained. Four weeks and 7 pounds to go until my nieces wedding, and 20 pound weight loss, goal one.