Friday, July 21, 2017

Feeling Good Friday-Voting on a Dress Edition

I had a good week. Well, not in the weight loss department. Turns out I am not just an eater when I'm depressed saboteur, but also when celebrating. Meals of pizza, pasta, nachos, and grilled hot dogs, along with the last the beer in the house tasted awesome, but kept me plateaued. Meeting friends for beers and a wine club tasting night with a cheese plate, pot stickers, and truffle fries didn't say diet. It wasn't all glutinous. Shall I recount the healthy things?

  • I was a smart luncher-lots of veggies and fruit each day.
  • DH and I split the truffle fries, and I know I ate less than half.
  • I swam a sort of lap between dock and raft for 40 minutes on Sunday. It was wonderful exercise. 
  • Walking was a struggle this week because I had blisters from a new pair of shoes-not smart, but estimate 4 miles,
  • Weight loss, a mere .2 pounds, but it wasn't a gain. My clothes are fitting better, and some are dare I say it, loose.
I won't hit my 20 pound target. I am disappointed with myself,  but refuse to slip back. Overall, I'm changing habits for the good. I'll shop next Thursday night. I'm looking for a dress that will cover my upper arms a bit, but still have a summer feel.  Fashionista I am not.  Here's a few pictures of dresses from the Nordstrom's web site. Give me your opinion. I'm thinking of a blue, but open to seeing what looks best so through some patterns into the mix. It's been a long time since I've purchased a nice dress. As to not let price steer votes, all are between $90 and $119, some on sale, some full price. Thanks for helping me out. OK, time to vote. I need you all but especially Vix, Curtice, Natalia, and Clare.




A. Blue flowy



                                                                    B. Blue traditional



   


C. Silver Jacket


                                                                                   D. Swingy





E. Beaded Beige



                                                                               F. Blue Lace

23 comments:

  1. I like A. It's the most unique, and versatile. I truly dislike F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the feedback. I wanted to show a variety.

      Delete
  2. Yep if it helps A would be my choice the colour is lovely v necks are very flattering and it has nice little sleeves if you don't want to go sleeveless. None of the others do it for me sorry Sam however we are all different and it needs to be right for you. I'm more of a maxi dress wearer than short which is strange as my legs are the best part of me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My legs are not my best part, but thete woll be dancing so want shorter. I've tried nothing on so that might change look.

      Delete
  3. I liked C the best - will be interested to see your final choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you describe your body type? I am top heavy (porportionally bigger chest), which makes cuts like B, D & F hang off of my chest & makes it look like a sack. If that's not your body type, I think you can make really any of these work. How hot will it be? If you can get away with C, I think it's classic & super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big chest and a tummy, kind of apple shape. I need comfortable. It could be hot or cold, so something I can throw a shawl over if need be. I also want additional wear so not too trendy.

      Delete
  5. I really like C. It looks elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for weighing in. I thought it was different from other styles I was looking at so through it into the mix. Might be a tad too formal though.

      Delete
  6. The blue flowy, it just looks so summery and I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favorite, but I'll see what is in the store.

      Delete
  7. I think A would look good on almost anyone, and for an evening of dancing it's a good choice - light and flowy! D if you like cold shoulders. F is a classic choice, might be very flattering, but might not be as comfortable, as it is more structured. The rest seem very formal to me. But of course, it's just a general idea... it's always better to judge when you try it on! YOU should feel and look beautiful in a dress. If you purchase online, I would suggest to buy a few and choose when you try all the dresses on, you can always return the rest (esp. Nordstrom - so easy).

    Have you checked other stores/brands? There are lots of summer dresses on sale at the moment, and I have a list of stores that carry plus sizes -
    http://inthewriterscloset.blogspot.com/p/plus-size.html

    Have fun shopping! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this preview was just to see/show what I might find. I just don't have a lot of time to shop, plus hate it, so getting head start. I'll be swinging by a mall on Wednesday night, but am giving myself 1 hour!

      Delete
    2. I buy practically all my clothes online. Other than Lane Bryant and Macy's, I don't really have many stores near me. I don't enjoy going to malls, too crowdy for my preference, and I find that Nordstrom store selection is very minimalistic when it comes to plus sizes, but they do have many lovely dresses online.

      Good luck! :)

      Delete
  8. I like B or C, they are both simple, classic and flattering. They are multi-seasonal and look like they can be worn casual or dressy.

    Dress A (and D) adds too much volume (I know I wouldn't like added volume!).

    Not too crazy about the others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure about any of the styles myself!

      Delete
  9. I like A on the not too helpful/intelligent reason it has the most color .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Color is important. I hope I can find something in the store with this shade.

      Delete
  10. I like the colour of A, but it's my least favourite in terms of style. D reminds me of maternity wear, and both A and D have slashed shoulders which I really don't like.
    If I was going to a wedding here I would choose C or F, depending on how formal/ informal the wedding was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am not a shopper and not great on style. It seems A for color, but hit or miss in style. I'll be trying the on before buying, so this was just to see what ight be out there.

      Delete
  11. I love A the most! Stunning colour and a lovely cut! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, I couldn't find in the store to try it on. I'm stopping tonight for another round of looking. Buying clothes is very stressful to me-this is why I just restock-not shop.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.