Monday, September 11, 2017

Meal Plan Monday-September 11th 2017

Sixteen years later I can't type that date, September 11th, without pausing a moment, closing my eyes and remembering. I imagine others do the same on this date. As has been the tradition, the fire department hat the large ladder truck with a giant flag draped from an extended pole, honoring all those who perished on that date. I'm thankful for what I have, what my children have, and all our opportunities. Planning meals seems hardly significant, but the fact that I can, have the freedom to work and a job to work at, bringing home a paycheck, providing for my family and community, is what makes the world still a good place. To those still impacted by Harvey and those by Irma, you are in my thoughts, and where my spare dollars will head for the foreseeable future. 

With that, I'll move forward. Here was last weeks plan:

Sunday- Chow mein, rice, noodles (bought as part of the bits Sunday night)
Monday-Vegetarian chili, crackers, with cheese and sour cream*
Tuesday-Goulash with green beans and corn
Wednesday-Tomato soup and grilled cheese or egg salad sandwiches-bread*
Thursday-chicken*, sweet potato* wedges, zucchini
Friday- Taco's with hamburger*, rice, cheese, refried beans, lettuce*, salsa*, sour cream, and guacamole*
Saturday-Nothing for DH and I as an Italian buffet dinner is being served on our wine club complimentary wine cruise, frozen pizza* for DD2 and friend

and what we had:
Sunday- Chow mein, rice, noodles (bought as part of the bits Sunday night)
Monday-DH and I ate late lunch out, DD was with friends so no dinner really-nibbled on cheese and crackers and hummus and veggies later
Tuesday-Vegetarian chili, bread sticks, with cheese and sour cream*
Wednesday-Frozen pizza, tenders, and taquitos-frozen food
Thursday-Tomato soup and grilled cheese or egg salad sandwiches-bread*
Friday- Burrito or Burrito bowl with hamburger*, rice, cheese, refried beans, lettuce*, salsa*, sour cream, and guacamole*

Saturday-Nothing for DH and I as an Italian buffet dinner is being served on our wine club complimentary wine cruise,  DD2 ate at a friends

We had one lunch out, a complimentary dinner (though I did not enjoy the wine cruise as I was under the weather), and DD2 had Chipotle out with friends on Friday.

Plan for this week:

Sunday- DH was at his brothers.I have an sore tooth and throat so had applesauce and yogurt, made DD2 and omelette when she got home
Monday-BBQ spare ribs, mashed potatoes, green beans
Tuesday-Pasta bake with cheese and pepperoni
Wednesday-I have a dinner out with two professional colleagues/friends as one is in town from Washington DC. DH and DD2 will eat leftovers or freezer finds
Thursday-Chicken, rice, veggie blend
Friday- Chicken wild rice soup and crackers
Saturday- Some kind of stir fry, friend rice and mixed vegetables

I'll rarely fully execute a weekly meal plan as laid out. things come up; we prefer something else, but it helps keep track of what is in the house, and what needs to be used up. DH did a grocery shop yesterday when he was supposed to be getting me applesauce, anbesol, and chlorseptic. I don't even know what he spent, but I'll take a look and make sure I incorporate his haul If  you meal plan, tell me a favorite recent addition. 

3 comments:

  1. September 11 is my birthday. I awoke that morning to my daughter screaming into the phone. She was unintelligible. She lives in Brooklyn and her husband worked 3 blocks from the WTC. She did not know whether he was dead or alive. No, it has not ruined my birthday. Others lost loved ones. I did not. The day is rather sobering, even still now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way, having a birthday on September 11th reaffirms that the terrorists did not win. People will mourn and grieve and remember, and we will continue to live our lives hopefully in ways that contribute to all of mankind and in love and kindness.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I've been reading your weblog for some time
    now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Tx!

    Just wanted to mention keep up the good job!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.