Friday, September 8, 2017

Feeling Good Friday-Back on the Wagon Edition

I'm still thinking about the accident Wednesday night. It was terrible to witness, yet as merely a witness, I don't have any repercussions in my life. I need to focus on happy and healthy things, making sure I am taking the best care of me in this one life I have. I feel like I was back on the healthy eating wagon this week. Exercise, well, not so much. I had a fall on Sunday with the little kids, put on a brave face for the rest of the day, but it did really impact my bad knee muscles, moving up into the upper part of my legs. I'm hoping a little TLC this weekend with some slow walks and heat and ice packs, might help it. If not, I'll head in to my doctor and have it looked at in case it is something more than just a strain on top of the arthritis. I need to be able to exercise because I have my mojo back and want to head into cold season feeling stronger and hopefully, leaner. My five healthy highlights are as follows:


  • Packed and ate healthy lunches loaded with vegetables every day this week.
  • Had just fruit on Monday for dinner as DH and I had a mid afternoon burger and beer special downtown-trade offs!
  • Made two meatless meals this week-grilled cheese and tomato soup and vegetarian chili. I consume fewer calorie in meatless meals.
  • Practiced five minutes of quiet time in the zen room at work after dealing with a particularly tough situation. I felt calmer, more relaxed, and ready for the next thing in my day.
  • I've lost a little track of my weight fluctuation, but I can safely say I have lost 2.2 pounds of the four I put back on, bringing my new weight loss to 12.2 pounds since the end of April. Momentum is building up again, slowly, but surely.
 If you have health goals, how was the last week for you?


7 comments:

  1. Great work this week!

    From a health perspective, it was a rough week. I've been working until midnight every day on a work crisis, which has made things super tough. However, the flip side of that is I've managed to avoid sugar/binge eating, which is normally how I deal with the stress. I also managed to get in two quick 20 minute walks with Nick in the evenings. It was a great "head clearer" before I needed to get back on calls & deal with stress.

    I didn't sleep much, but did what I could to get rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up some bug yesterday-under the weather today so not feeling motivated to exercise or eat so it balances.

      Delete
  2. Glad your week was better. I think the zen room concept is a fantastic way to help combat workday stress,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just getting away from office lights is a help.

      Delete
  3. Sam do yoga it transforms your body and is fantastic for joint aches and pains also (and the main reason I practice) it makes me happy lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should, but really am not in a good place with knee.

      Delete
  4. I think the zen room concept is a fantastic way to help combat workday stress,


    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.