Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Tuesday, Tuesday

I'm still not a fan of this particular day of the week, but I believe it's cranky hold on me has maybe been released.I woke up feeling pretty good this morning, had a sort of restful sleep, and got in an 11 minute yoga video this a.m. I've determined I really needed the vacation time. Despite the get away with DH being brief,  home stuff three days, the college road trip, and a cabin work day, opposed to relaxing week lying on a beach somewhere, I feel rejuvenated. Lesson to me and anyone else that tends to hoard your vacation time and not use it up-take it! Even though I have the need for two full weeks next August, I don't need to be banking three times that. I almost like how both DH and my daughters work does vacation and paid time off as use it or lose it. They both make sure to schedule all their days off. At my former job, you could accrue up to 200 hours-I had accrued 200 hours. Stupid me. Yes, getting  a nice windfall of paid out cash was nice, but perhaps I would have been less stressed had I forced myself to take the time off. 

I'm the only supervisor in the division this week due to vacation for one and a business trip by another and our director. It was weird yesterday having my peers, because I am still working out of class, checking in with me on their schedules. The formal position was posted yesterday through end of day next Tuesday. It is posted as internal applicants only. I'll have to formally be interviewed, but since no one before has ever done a job like mine and my boss is happy, it is a required formality only. I would guess it will all be official by November 15, which is the start of a new pay period (Wednesday-Tuesday biweekly), to keep it clean. I could only work out of class until November 28th anyway without an extension. 

Minnesota turned blustery yesterday after more than a week of beautiful sunny fall weather. My pretty maple in the front that turns fiery red is almost bare. The red maple which has auburn leaves in the summer is holding strong but suspect not for much longer. Pup loves walking through the leaves, maybe the rusting sound. He is tuned into every squirrel now since they don't have the camouflage of the leaves. I better get a move on and wake the others. It's Tuesday and I'm ready.

4 comments:

  1. I envy your beautiful fall color. The temps have dropped here but everything is still bright green.
    I am glad you have found that vacation should be used. I think I will make TheHub read your post. He has 5 weeks of vacation each year, but I would guess he has never taken more than 7 days each year. Additionally he works a 12 hour day most days and partial weekend days. Not good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to break the cycle of not taking breaks. I was off 6 workdays and while very busy catching up, the sky did not fall. Yes, encourage him to do that!

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the leave. I find if I only take one day out of the ordinary it feels just like a vacation. Should do it more often I guess. Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My flex days are so wonderful-an extra weekend day every other week.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.