Friday, December 15, 2017

Feeling Good Friday-Really in the Holiday Spirit

We could have talked for hours, but left the restaurant at 7:15. It wasn't crowded, several tables were empty, so my friend and I didn't feel guilty extending our chat past our happy hour drinks and food. I hadn't seen L since August at the state fair, stupid dumb that we don't figure out more time. She and I met 26 years ago when we both started in the same field, but two different agencies. Two years later I joined her company where I stayed for 21 years, but she had left a decade before, to work for a national organization. That job let her telecommute for two years, then, she and her family moved to the DC area for four, before she resigned and came back to Minnesota. My son used to babysit for her two boys, before their move to DC. L has a nephew with the same name as my son. We spent tons of time together, to the point that her kids thought my kids were their actual cousins and were very confused to meet their real cousin. Good friends that you can pick up a conversation five months later and not skip a beet-that's what starts my feeling good Friday. 

  • My friend and I enjoyed festive cocktails-her a raspberry lemonade and me a vodka cranberry with a twist. In the alcohol area,second to my love of wine is a good vodka cocktail!
  • A second mandatory meeting, scheduled over our full day state meeting on Wednesday, could have spelled stress and chaos. We were able to adjust the first meeting agenda slightly, I left and returned, and both meetings were useful and productive.So productive, the part two meeting of the interruption meeting was cancelled. 
  • I'm thankful for antihistamines, honey, lemon, and vinegar. DD2 has had 12 hours of either choir rehearsal or caroling and has her big concerts on Saturday. Her voice is being stretched, but she's a trooper. 
  • The tub with the Christmas stockings and holders hadn't been brought in from the garage and I was worried it got buried (stupidly unlabeled) and we'd have to do without. DH found the bin and now our stockings are hung with care at the fireplace. I cropped out the TV. DH had to get to some cables, but he promised he'd move it away from this location, but yeah, this is how we live. 
  • I'm keeping focused on my mind, body, and spirit. I'm indulging, a bit but not too much. I'm trying hard to drink the needed water, get proper sleep, and meditation. It was a good week. 
How are you all coping with weather changes, holiday planning, and the general rush of life? Are you finding time for friends and family? Are you staying healthy?

12 comments:

  1. Trying to stay healthy here and succeeding so far. lolz
    Complicated by College Boy arriving home for good last night and all his stuff is ALLLLL over the house. Then there is the stress of eBay sales trickling in(and having to quickly ship things out despite the snow which is also trickling in). So glad I didn't put but a few items on eBay this Holiday Season. No friends here to gather with and trying not to stress out over Sonya. We don't have much of any celebrating on our agenda but I am anxious for my eldest son to come home(first time in 3 years)! 8-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a good Christmas with all three home!

      Delete
  2. Take care of your self, I swear every germ finds me. Maybe if I drank?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling quite zen actually. I have no idea why (probably the wine at the party today), but really looking forward to 13 days off (that includes 2 weekends) as my company very generously closes over Christmas and New Year. As for "health", I think exercise and dieting has gone down the Swanee for now. In the new year maybe! Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine will do that to me as well. 13 days! Good for you.

      Delete
  4. I'm just trying to stay sane and just go with the flow. Things are extra crazy and I just am putting one foot in front of the other and living in the moment. Right now the diet and exercise have been put on the back burner, due to crazy schedules and crazy, cold snowy weather, but I am planning ahead for after Christmas and getting recommitted to becoming healthier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a real struggle, so don't stress about. I remember when my kids were young-just getting a bite of something, even if a cookie, is what happens.

      Delete
  5. We are trying our hardest to be healthy and it is not working. This galloping crud keeps returning and I am tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our daughter keeps getting it, or it never leaves. Our son usually gets something on a plane so hoping her stays healthy when he travels here.

      Delete
  6. I am still struggling work and time to do anything for christmas. This may be the first year in my life without time for a tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANd that's ok. No rules you have to have anything to feel in the psirit. I havne't set my village up for a few years, so happy to ake th etime this year, but it would have been just fine without.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.