- Unwashed face aside, I listened to my body and crashed in bed on Tuesday by 6:15 and slept almost 12 hours, not counting the dehydrating thirst that woke me up for sips of water.
- I downshifted my ideals of what a "company" dinner should be, and served a simple supper when my mother in law came over. Still, it was healthy, with chicken, rice, and vegetables, if not fancy.
- I delegated-a lot. It is not possible to fully do a full time job, and be fully engaged in three days of off site training. I was very selective in what I dealt with myself after hours and delegated, or set aside for now, any tasks that could be done later. Sure, I'll be a busy soul next week, but nothing fell through the cracks.
- Most management courses are repetitive to a certain extent. How much difference will there be anyway between presenters and experts. Still, I tried to fully attend and participate in the three days, and hope I refreshed skills, if I didn't necessary learn new skills.
- I have kept my weight in check, well, in check after the weight gain. February is my motivation month.
Friday, January 26, 2018
Feeling Good Friday-Not Really Feeling It Edition
I've not been motivated this week to attend to my health and wellness needs. Sounds incredibly stupid. With the horrid cold earlier in the week, crashing into bed with not so much as washing my face left my skin dry and dull Wednesday morning. DH and I did the mad dash 15 minute scramble when I got home from work before my mother in law came over. I didn't even bother drinking my bottle of water on the way home. Again, leaving me feeling a bit dehydrated all over. When we are feeling a bit under the weather, that is when we should most take care to do the things that make us feel good. Maybe its just me, but humans are funny. I tend to take short cuts with myself, and in doing so, most likely prolong the crud. What exactly did I do this week that was self positive?