Tuesday, January 2, 2018

That Tuesday Feeling Again

It's Tuesday. I'm also back to work today after not having been in the office since 5:30p.m. on Thursday, December 21st. I have one staff out on a three month leave and another on a bereavement leave. I'm heading into today expecting a hot mess of calls and e-mails now that everyone is back from whatever end of year break that had. I can't let this get me down, nor, let myself succumb to my cranky Tuesday mood. Let's start my work week with some Tuesday positivism. 
  • DD2 has her show choir preview show tonight. It could be great; it could be rough. Either way I am so happy to see her and her friends perform. 
  •  Despite the cold, pup and I got out so he can have a good stretch. I was able to take in the calm of the dark morning, just as the neighborhood starts waking up. I live in Minnesota. We own coats, boots, hats, and mittens.I'll survive until spring.
  • I'm back on my no simple carbs, limited grain, eating plan. I just made a  couple scrambled egg with avocado and packed a lunch of salad greens, check peas, sunflower seeds, and homemade dressing. I'm taking charge of my health.
  • A purge from my closet and loads of fresh laundry neatly put away made getting up and ready this morning  an organized breeze.I could even find dark socks.
  • I've got water and hot tea ready for my commute. I am a winter road warrior.
 Yep, in 2018, I will try to fake it until I make it. There will be 52 Tuesdays, so no time like the present to kick the crabby out of this one.

10 comments:

  1. I admire your ability to still go to work. I don't think I could do it, mentally or physically. Here is a hug for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had a very good day back at work. I was at my desk by 7:15 and finally grabbed a cup of tea at 10:30. I realized though, I do not work a full 5 day s work week in January at all, so that will be a change.

      Delete
  2. I'm back tomorrow too and it hasn't stopped raining for a week (still that's better than the snow in town). All prepared and (actually) quite looking forward to going back to get into a routine again. I guess I'm a creature of habit. Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We keep getting nuisance snow-just enough to make the roads slippery and much up my end of day commute last night. It felt good to be back at work. Imust have had a good and refreshing time off.

      Delete
  3. Oh I remember those mornings!! Mine were Mondays and Friday seemed like a mirage far away in some desert. Eventually I thought it was good to get rid of the worst day first and then ride the rollercoaster as it speeded up til Friday. Can you get a specialty tea or coffee on Tuesdays so you have something to look forward to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of something to look forward to on Tuesdays. Often I have a Tuesday morning meeting, about one time per month, with a good friend/colleague. Those Tuesdays are always a good start.

      Delete
  4. You've got this! You've planned & made the best of it. I took today off, knowing that flying in last night would make it super stressful. It was a smart move, as I was able to get groceries, unpack, do the laundry & catch up on things. Tomorrow will still be "unfun", but we've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said in my other replies, I actually had a good day at work-it felt productive. Maybe because my Tuesday was more like a Monday, and now I only have three more work days, it was better. I really like Jane's idea of having something special to look forward to just on Tuesday's.

      Delete
  5. Glad you managed to find some positive moments on this first Tuesday of 2018.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be denial, but I truly want to just make the most of each day, starting in a positive spot, finding the sun though the storm, all that. We only get one life, right?

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.