Knowing the end game, it doesn't feel sacrificial to do without. He rarely goes out to bars and clubs, not his scene, as prefers hanging with friends at home or theirs, though will be cutting his alcohol budget-a bit. He wants to fully invest in the French and German liquid experience so will do with less now. Such sacrifice. He admitted he on route to places for work has developed a Starbucks routine. Nipping that will help build his reserves.
Wins for me this week include:
- We had a cheap take and bake pizza and salad at home Friday instead of going out to a fish fry. We'll save that for Good Friday.
- Stocked up on loss leaders at store, but will prorate into April's budget.
- Ate DD2's old, but safe leftovers Thursday for lunch-tasty and saved waste.
- Sent DD2 with snacks to a friends movie night. She's game for watching pennies too.
- Found assorted change around the house totalling over $2.00. My change can is growing and will be a little addition to defray travel costs.
- DD2 and I used Orbitz points from booked air and past hotel stays for a free room tonight for her college visits about 4 hours away. We're leaving soon. I'll drive home tomorrow night but didn't want that drive twice in a day. Breakfast is included in hotel but I'm packing sandwiches and fruit for picnic supper and we'll just eat lunch between visits, and snacks on drive home.