As I write this, we have eight full days of April left. Just Saturday I was thinking about my relatively free calendar so there should be no excuses to not get a few things knocked off a to do list and have a couple actual goals. So many things did not happen in March and then April crap weather derailed outdoors plans, but with forecasts in the 60's now and sunlight into the evening hours, we can get spruced up a bit for May.
- Clear porch of broken wicker bench and replace it with some other seating. This is a favorite place for DD2 to read and do homework when it is nice. She and pup will spend hours on the porch and it is a great motivator for her for studying. The plastic wicker bench, which I really loved, has cracked and splintered and is not usable. I'm not sure If I'll get a couple chairs and a little table, or a bench, but because used for reading, there needs to be a back. I think I'll just belt tighten a bit and see if I can just squeak this out of monthly cash flow as opposed to the household project budget target.
- Haul all the dried debris for the yard to the fire pit and get it burned down. Clean out the pit and rake around so it is ready for good wood burning fires. This will clear up the back quite a bit and make yard work easier for May plus make the fire pit usable for hanging out on nice nights.
- Throw dying unsalvagable plant in my Chinese porcelain planter and replant. I have no green thumb. I've had it for about 8 years but it never really looked healthy and now it is completely awful. I need a low maintenance something. Suggestions?
- Clean windows from the outside.
- Repair the railing on the deck-temporary fix while we decide what we are going to do long term.
We still have loads of the March indoor tasks to take care of, so on rainy nights and in between we'll keep puttering on with those. I just think having a spruced up outdoor space will put us all in better moods after the cabin fever induced depressive state we've all been in. Have you started outdoor spring cleaning yet? What tasks do you need done this spring?