Monday, November 26, 2018

Gearing Up for the Week

I'm starting this post Sunday night. The lovely four day weekend has come to an end and I admit I have a bit of the Sunday night blues. I did enjoy the weekend and it's not that I have to go in tomorrow morning to a job I don't like. I just would love to have more time to completely call my own. Whine, whine, poor me. It's a short week for me since I'm off Friday and leaving a couple hours early on Thursday. I shouldn't get too far behind as Friday tends to be a catch-up day and not a day with many meetings. I think I'll get to bed decently early and give myself , with luck, a full  7 hours of sleep.

Well, sleep was not great-I'll call it seven in my bed, but sleeping an off an on perhaps a little over five. I had a glass of wine at my sisters then a beer with my heavy meal last night. I had ribs and chicken, drinking a lot of water with it. Saturday we hit a couple pubs and I was feeling quite dehydrated on Sunday morning, despite just two beers. The combination of the cold and alcohol has that impact on me. I was feeling it yesterday so drank oodles of glasses of water-hence my poor sleep. I guess two drinks is too much, even if my birthday. No one said aging gracefully is always possible. Still, despite the poor sleep quality, I'm up and ready for the day with coffee in hand after getting the dog outside and a quick shower.  

Work is one thing, and home is another. I have tonight to myself since my daughter will be at show choir and DH works later. I have some lingering Christmas cards to address. I haven't put mine in the mail yet. Despite Thanksgiving being over, I don't like to send mine out until around December 1. I'll get them in the mail Thursday before we leave, then people will get them the first weekend of December. I'm starting to get present clutter in a corner of my family room. I should knock off a bit of wrapping as well; gifts will be ready to put under the tree after we decorate next weekend. I toyed with putting up both trees, but If my daughter wants one to use, I'll take over to her house. She was going to buy one but I know after Christmas she can get one for a steal. Plus, she really doesn't have storage for more Christmas stuff. Her house apartment is spacious and has loads of cupboard space, but actual storage is quite limited. 

I am about 75% finished with my Christmas shopping, using online options. Several packages arrived yesterday with the rest today or tomorrow. I have some ideas for those that I'm not done with, and I' aiming to be completely done by December 9th. I'll then just have gifts I make, jams and jelly's, and candies, baking, and wrapping. I feel very on top of the holiday this year. I hope I stay in that mindset as the days go by. I got an e-mail with my show choir chaperone duties. I'm helping with the preview show on January 1, and the two competitions that are localish-transportation on temperamental school buses. I'm glad I invested in new warm boots. Have a good start to your week. 

13 comments:

  1. Happy late birthday! Alcohol definitely affects you differently- I can no longer have more than 2 glasses of wine at all. It also keeps me awake if I drink too much.....alcohol bill is cheaper though lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just left friends/coworkers for a happy hour get together. I should sleep well tonight, but now I will spend the next few hours getting glass after glass of water in me...and the cycle repeats.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, scarlet. I've been thinking about you today and hope you are well. Hang in there, and no people have your back.

      Delete
    2. Thanks SAM. Last week my daughter was mugged, and my mother in law died in the early hours of Saturday. After all the other horrors the last 18 months have brought, it feels never ending ☹

      Delete
    3. I am so sorry. You have had a difficult time of things-I hope you and your daughter, your family, get the love and support you need and deserve.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday Sam. I hadn't had any alcohol since the end of October then had two glasses on Friday night and it didn't agree with me. I guess I had got so used to not having any in my system my body played up. Not a bad thing I suppose. And of course I know what you mean about wishing you had more time to yourself. I am now working 50% until I retire and it is just heaven. To be honest even 80% would have done it for me - just that little more breathing space! Oh well. One thing I am already finding though is that I guess my body knows I'll soon be out of there. For someone who was lucky to get 6 hours a night I could now sleep for Britain if it ever becomes an Olympic event! Glad you got to enjoy your days off though and good for you for having another long weekend line up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to figure out a way to keep the same amount of money coming in, while spending time doing just what I want. Simple, no? This weekend also has three days, but no relaxing at all-college visit, pick-up and delivery's for a fund raiser. Still, I love this time of year.

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I definitely had the Sunday night blues yesterday, and was not feeling today at all when I woke up. ;-) We did take care of a few big things last night (bought the kids their present - skis) & booked a hotel for our ski trip in February. Found a great "cyber weekend" deal. So, it's nice to check those off the list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I got an impromptu happy hour in, Monday turned out pretty good, and I found a new excellent weekday place with great wine deal. The Sunday night blues are hard to shake.

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday Turkey baby. I know it is hard to go off to work when you just want to stay home and veg. I am proud to you. My oldest used to say that to me when she was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't want to go to work because I just wanted to play some more! I really had a nice weekend of fun and family-often a rare combination.

      Delete
  6. Belated birthday wishes!
    I have gotten into the bad habit of staying awake too late. There is always just one more thing I can do instead of going on to sleep and attacking said one more thing the next day.
    If I have more than one drink it is all over for me. I get hyped up if I have 2 and can't wind down. I guess the dormant partier in me tries to break free, well, unless I have 3 and then I will fall asleep wherever I am drinking the third drink

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.