Saturday, November 10, 2018

The Carry Over Meal Plan

Last week I created a big list of meals that I could draw on for the week. The items in bold are the only things we ended up eating. DH ate an assortment of leftovers and DD2 ate at a friends while I was playing cards Saturday night. I made curry Tuesday, with loads of leftovers for Wednesday and the pot of soup. Chicken cordon bleu's and au gratin potatoes were Sunday, ravioli, Thursday, and cobbled together leftovers the rest of the week-but no eating out or take out other than the pizza. 

  • Cheese ravioli with vegetables (crock pot meal)
  • Burritos with rice and refried beans
  • Goulash with corn (double batch-freeze half to bake later after adding another can of seasoned tomato's)
  • Bean soup and ham sandwiches
  • Pork roast, mashed potatoes, and green beans (reserve 2/3rd for other recipes)
  • Roast chicken, roasted potato's, steamed vegetables (reserve meat and bones for two more recipes)
  • Pork fried rice with mixed vegetables and Asian salad
  • Thai peanut noodles with pork carrots and celery
  • Chicken cacciatore, steamed vegetables
  • Chicken noodle soup with vegetables, biscuits
This means, I really do not need to do any more planning for the week! Today I'll cook the chicken that I took out to thaw yesterday morning. Tomorrow we're going to my brother in laws for a birthday celebration, each of us bringing fixings for submarine or hot beef sandwiches and sides. I'm going to just buy a pound of turkey and ham each, plus an assortment of three sliced cheeses, tomatoes, and potato chips at Aldi's, should come in at less than $20. We need for home,  another box of cereal, milk, bread, and fruit, making my shop for the week around $32 or so-keeping me on budget and on track. 

I'm not sure why this past week was a haze, but I know we didn't resort to take out. DH got his burger last night, but since neither of us wanted a drink, our bill wasn't too bad. I didn't cook as much as I planned last week. I hope to do more since I have both Sunday and Monday to prep for the week. What's on your menu this week?   

4 comments:

  1. I applaud your thrift and meal plan. I love nights that require no additiona cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm capturing little pointers and aookying them better this month.

      Delete
  2. You are doing great!

    We had:
    -Tacos last night (2x meat from the freezer, so kids had one variety, we had the other
    -Saturday - Nick is making hot dogs in crescent rolls (gourmet!)
    -Sunday - I'm making chicken risotto
    -Monday - leftover tacos
    -Tuesday - leftover hot dogs
    -Wednesday - leftover risotto
    We leave for Hawaii on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great pre-Hawaii menu. Good for the kids for stepping in. Gourmet or not quite they are helping.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.