- For the breakfast out Saturday morning with the girls,DD1 treated me and DD2, but I gave her the 15% off coupon I had. It was very sweet of her and it was to thank us for helping her get settled in her new place. For the cards night, I bought the Papa Murphy's, but my sister had discount coupons that I could use.
- I resisted the craft fair's overwhelming amount of beautiful things, only buying two bars of goat milk soap for DD2 to try out for $3.00, and a plate of krumkake, her favorite, for her to take with to a friends later that afternoon..
- DD1 and I shared a glass for the wine tasting event we went to between shopping and poker night, each getting to try 8 different varieties before choosing our favorite. She got to keep the wine glass included with the tasting.
- Enjoyed a phenomenal choir festival concert at a nearby college for free. DD2's choir was one of the featured choirs, but we also heard the Minnesota Boy's choir, and two of the host colleges choirs. For those of you trying to watch your entertainment budgets, look and see what is out there in your communities for free or low cost. The concert really was a good way to end the weekend.
- DH wanted to go out for a burger after the concert, but I suggested just having chicken cordon bleu's and potatoes at home since we would still need dinner for our daughter once she got back. He was begrudgingly OK with that.
It's bothering me how much DH wants to go out for dinner lately and at least twice a week he's eating out for lunch. With the holidays coming and the unknown, it is befuddling to me. If we spend money going out to eat, I think it needs to be planned as entertainment and not just as regular meals. He seems to be enthused about my savings challenges and when extra money can be socked away in an account, but has seemed to forget what has to be done to make those financial wins happen. I'm sure he is going to suggest going out tonight or tomorrow. When he does, I'll figure out where it can fit with the $100 target for the month. I might have to humor him to keep him from going rogue! We already have dinner plans after a play at the end of the month at a nice restaurant with a large group.
How is your November shaping up so far in the thrift area? Who has had some big wins or are you, like me, a slow and steady thrifter for the week?