Saturday, January 26, 2019

Loving a Good Complimentary Breakfast

Of course there is truth to the saying, "there is no free lunch", and it could be said it applies to breakfast as well. Still, when we travel, a bonus perk is when breakfast is part of the room fee if other things are relatively the same. In Germany, our hotel had a massive breakfast bar with a cappuccino and latte machine. Being in a strange place, breaking bread as a family before heading out to the explore castles and the home of Beethoven was a nice start. Our B and B our second weekend in Paris served baguettes, croissants juice, cheese, and coffee or hot chocolate. This was plenty to fuel a last dash to take it all in. While not a deal breaker for a hotel, being able to get up, showered, and not have to waste time finding breakfast is such a nice way to enjoy time away. 

This morning at the Hampton Inn, not sponsored in any way we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast with choices of omelets and sausage, waffles, oatmeal, fruit, pastries and cereals. The coffee, juice, and teas were plenty. Serving  75 kids quickly and efficiently as well, I need to give props to the staff that kept the food stocked, hot, and serving and eating area clean and neat. We ate after the bulk were done. Perhaps my standards are low when I am not the one to cook, but the little omelet really hit the spot!

I know the cost of breakfast is part of the room so it is not free. Still, complimentary breakfast and free WiFi are my first perks I look for over pools and hot tubs. We are heading out in about an hour to watch the show. DD2 looked lovely-her hair turned out great. I think after nearly four years of doing show choir hair, I might finally have mastered it. The kids are gone now, so the hotel feels quiet. Perfect for another cup of coffee and a leisurely start to my Saturday.

6 comments:

  1. I know it's not free but I agree with you, it's lovely to have someone else making breakfast isn't it, and I always find that they probably offer stuff that I wouldn't make myself - loved the rice and beans in Costa Rica, for example. Enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had another decent breakfast before setting out early. We beat the snow storm home.

      Delete
  2. It sounds great! I was super pleased to discover that the condo we're renting on our ski trip comes with a free breakfast. Getting out of the condo in the morning & onto the slopes is slowed down so much by breakfast making, so this should really help. Also, we won't have to bring breakfast ingredients with us, which is a huge bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The space of a condo and someone else making breakfast? that's a great ski trip. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. The complimentary breakfast is always a nice perk. I am not a breakfast eater so even a complimentary coffee works for me, but TheHub loves a hot breakfast and is always thrilled when it is included with the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to wait a bit, but I like breakfast foods, so even having it a few hours after I am up hits the spot.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.