Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Life in the Fast Lane

    
Happy Tuesday, readers. This week will be fun, but a whirlwind. I have so many things that need to get off my work plate so I can be off tomorrow-Friday stress free. This includes reading and scoring another 40 funding proposals, each will take at least 10 minutes, setting up six new contracts, preparing two financial reports, and catching up from last Thursday and Fridays messages before my in box fills again. I joined DD1 last night for a dinner/presentation on female entrepreneurism. She is looking deeply at her options for a side career, if not eventually full time career free lancing. I want to understand better the opportunities and challenges should I decide after retirement that I want to perhaps contract out for a while. 

     Tonight is DD2's finale show. All three choirs, the girls prep, the mixed prep, and her varsity choir put on a final show for family and friends. It is the last show for the other choirs, but the launch for DD1's choir as they head to their national competition. When we get home, there will be last  loads of laundry, packing, and a quick tidy up. DD1 is staying with pup. We are so grateful for her. It is quite inconvenient for her, and is requiring her coming home after work instead of going right to her gym, or going in a little later, or coming home on her lunch hour. Good thing she love the little  guy. 

     We are driving as far as Bloomington, Illinois on Wednesday and most likely meeting up with other parents. We are not at the same hotel as the kids. We hope to get to Nashville by 4:00 on Thursday, and enjoy the night life before I head over to the kids hotel to help with hair. They perform the next morning for preliminaries, done by 3:00, so then we get more free time. If they make finals, that will be Saturday morning. The kids have a big show choir event that evening with all the schools and choirs, so again, we'll find more adult fun, though not too late. We are making the long drive home on Sunday in one swoop-taking nearly 14 hours. Perhaps not smart, but is what it needs to be with our schedules. 

     Life in my lane will be pretty tiring this week. Hopefully I'll get a few pictures here and there to share. Whatever is keeping you busy this week, make the most of it. 

15 comments:

  1. I hope the trip to Nashville is spectacular.
    You have a lot on your plate between now and then. I certainly don't envy the drive home. !4 hours can be brutal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm exhausted after yesterday, bu soon we will be driving and driving...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you. good luck with the continued house building.

      Delete
  3. Have fun. I am sure you will - Nashville seems like a fun place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got loads of recommendations and mostly just to enjoy the city as it is a fun place-so we are told.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy these last concerts you will miss them. Drive safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a pool last night-particularly when just the seniors were on stage.

      Delete
  5. Goodness, I'm exhausted just reading this! But enjoy your time with your daughter and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Safe travels, and good luck to your daughter's choir! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will pass that recommendation on to her.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.