Monday, August 19, 2019

Moving Forward


     Despite being under the weather, DD2 had a lot of fun with her friends, all nice kids. They cleaned up the extra cabin really well and  I only did a review for the items on the check list, finishing out a job to a little higher standard-but not too much. It was nice having a quiet evening with my older daughter-after all the noise and chaos was cleared from my sister-in-law who had a revolving door of guests with young kids at the cabin the week leading up to our weekend. I wonder how much our kid cleaned up details left by them? when my older daughter got there, she said she walked into complete chaos even at the new cabin. DH's brother and his wife have a very cavalier attitude a the cabin, and choose to clean up a the end, rather throughout, which can make it less than relaxing for the rest of us. Her youngest two though left with her sister and her youngest two-the screamers, shortly after I got there. Only her middle son and 11 year old nephew stayed through Sunday, and I hardly knew either were there as they spent their time on docks quietly fishing. 

     My SIL was nervous energy, almost not knowing what to do with the calm. She generally has a party girl personality at most times, but seemed almost grieving the noise and chaos. Her husband and oldest came back on Saturday afternoon though, and his louder than life persona was definitely back filling the space their twins left behind-and then some. My mother-in-law also acme late afternoon, but she along with the brother family all left by noon. My older daughter left shortly after he came-just too much loudness for her. She'll enjoy the space as fall goes on and she can take Friday afternoon and evenings when no one else is there. 

     With everyone gone, the kids swam and used the lake toys all morning. after lunch they played frisbee, volleyball, and did a lot of chatting before having me take a few group pictures. My skills are pretty bad as I didn't realize I took video. I learned I could save a scree shot so ended up with at least a couple decent pictures. One of her friends is moving to school today so wanted to be back by early evening, so they all left about the same time, giving me a chance to take my time and relax as I packed up my things and did the final once over.

     I'll head to work after I hit the publish button, for just one work day this week. It is crammed full of meetings trying to make sure loose ends are tied. Next week is the last week before schools start back and one of the busiest weeks for our whole agency. I have time enough for a coffee and will fill my to go cup. Hopefully I'll fit a few posts in this week that are a bit more than just random calendar updates. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad your daughter had a good time at the lake with her friends! It's such a big milestone phase, when everyone is getting ready to head out to college

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ON ei son the road as we speak. The countdown is real.

      Delete
  2. I love your calendar updates! Oh, how I hear you about noise and chaos. Some people thrive on it. I am not so lucky. It's a bit of a pickle when you have both types in the same household, or even same extended family, isn't it? So glad your daughter had a good time, and that you got time with your elder daughter.
    We are still well in summer--public school starts first week of September, the CC the third week. DD, with DS' encouragement, enrolled herself in the dual enrollment program, and is taking one class fall quarter, so I'll have two heading down there, DD in the evenings. Meanwhile, we're trying to milk every last bit of summer we can. Enjoy your truncated work week. I gather this is probably a very bittersweet time for you. There are so many changes afoot. Where does time go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to ask--how is DD feeling?

      Delete
    2. She is feeling much better, though still quite horse. I thought about cancelling the weekend with friends, but thought she could always go to the main cabin and rest as needed, which she would have, and she did take naps.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it was a fun weekend. I am sure your DD was glad to have that time and the memories. Have a good week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting so close to that empty nest my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the last hurrah was a fun weekend for your daughter and friends. And now it is time for a new life for her (and you)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.