Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Hotel Fitness Center Observations

     Please note I am totally generalizing after my visit to the hotel fitness center. I have been going to physical therapy for about three weeks and there are a couple tools in typical fitness centers I wanted to take advantage of if they were there. One was the large physio ball in which I do some balance and strengthening. Another is the medicine balls-the lightest weight ones, for leg lifts. There was the exercise ball, but not the other so I spent about 20 minutes, then went back to my room for leg lifts (no equipment needed) and my jacket to take a long walk outside.  

     The wait for the treadmills was deep. There were a few open stair climber machines, but clear the treadmills were the main event. A few guys and a gal were trying to use the free wights in the tiny little space available. Fortunately, I was able to find a corner with walls, and stay clear of the weight lifters. I get the appeal for even the casual fitness advocate. Sitting in conference rooms all day and then even if running is your thing, in a strange and unknown city, the treadmills have appeal. I followed the flow of several others from the hotel walking at 6:20. It felt good. The fitness centers are perks of business class hotels, but never large enough for the number of people at certain times. I might skip tomorrow and try the pool.

6 comments:

  1. Sadly I think by the time you've found your way around some of these hotels and their facilities it's usually time to leave. But enjoy what you can. I hope you have more luck with the pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I skipped pool (very small and hardly enough to really do a lap in.) and didn't get back tot he gym. I just did my PT exercises in room.

      Delete
  2. I have seen really nice equipment at hotels and then some where nothing works at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one had nice equipment, but too small of size of hotel and clientele.

      Delete
  3. They are usually a little smallish for the number of guests who want to use them particularly before work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sure was the case. I bet by 8:00 it would have been fine, but our meetings started at 8:30.

      Delete

Join the conversation. Your comments are welcome. Dissenting and different opinions are welcome as makes for good conversation. I moderate comments to be sure I read them all and stay ahead of the spam. Advertising products or services without permission will be deleted, as will anything that may be harmful to others-read promotion of debunked "experts" and conspiracies. If you're a blogger, feel free to include your blog URL.